1a. This week in Autostraddle: Robin took sexy photos, Riese made “TLW WTF” Video #2, Green celebrated Earth Day, Carly was your Tuesday Televisionary, Riese recapped the Jennifer Beals Times Talk panel, and Crystal & Stef teamed up for the week in music.
2. If you’ve already contacted us about becoming an “Intern” for “Team Autostraddle” OR if you’re just now thinking that’s exactly what you’d like to do with your life, — please email email@example.com before nightfall on Tuesday, April 28th. Tell us how many hours a week you can devote to AS (at least two), where you live, what computer/internet skills you’ve got, why you wanna be an intern and what you are willing to sacrifice for the revolution (your life? your feet? your chapstick?) . If you’re already an “intern” in any capacity, email us anyhow. Questions? We’ll answer them!
3. Many of y’all have suggested an L Word WTF Part #3. Are there enough WTF moments left to warrant a Volume 3? All I can think of is when Shane hooked up with EZ Girl, the Alice-Dana car chase, and Max telling Grace about how that little f*cker bit him on the nose. Suggestions are welcome.
1. Sarah Waters’s newest book is her first without lesbian characters. (@wall street journal)
2. Britan’s Next Top Model to feature openly anorexic contestant. (@top model gossip)
3. Sarah Haskins thinks there must be a better word than “vagina.” How about “peeper.” Personally I like c*nt, because so many other people don’t.
4. In any event, LiLo spent the night with Samantha Ronson!
5. I feel like Depakote would maybe fix a lot of the problems that happen in cults like the God Hates Fags Club, which may be planning a mass suicide. Even the Godhead speak itself, down to its very subject matter, is classic extreme manic psychosis. Anyhow, so the end is nigh or whatevs.
6. NOM is blowing its load all over Miss California. (@pamshouseblend)
7. Q & A with Iron Chef Cat Cora. (@hollywoodreporter)
9. Also, Vote Beeker for the win in the Webby Awards. C’mon. Muppets should win everything, is my advice.
Also vote for Degrassi, they love the gays.
10. Late add. RIP Bea Arthur, 1922-2009.