Hello! It’s Team Hangover! As announced last week, Sunday is Funday where we’ll attempt to counteract the inherently depressing aspects of Sundays with happiness, fun, unicorns, glitter, kisses, love, photos of hot girls and cream cheese. This particular post will evolve with more being added as the day goes on.
Also! As I said yesterday — we’re rallying the intern troops! Email email@example.com before nightfall on Tuesday, April 28th. Tell us how many hours a week you can devote to AS (at least two), where you live, what computer/internet skills you’ve got, why you wanna be an intern and what you are willing to sacrifice for the revolution (your life? your feet? your chapstick?) If you’re already an “intern” in any capacity, email us anyhow. Questions? We’ll answer them! We’ll respond to everyone after April 28th. Also we’re open to any college credit situations, say the word.
1. April 24th in Beverly Hills, the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center hosted “An Evening with Women: Celebrating Art, Music & Equality” to raise funds for the Women’s Services programs hosted at the LA Gay & Lesbian Center. This evening of dining, dancing and entertainment was attended by lesbians/bisexuals and allies such as Clementine Ford, Catherine Keener, Paris Hilton, Samantha Ronson, Perez Hilton, Brittany Snow, Jane Lynch, Eliza Dushku and more. Performers included Christina Aguilera and Linda Perry.
Just Jared reports that Dita Von Teese is “sassy!”
Photos from A Socialite’s Life:
2. Monday is Iowa’s Big Gay Day! If you’re getting married in Iowa tomorrow, please send photos kthx. (@queerty)
3. Iceland has no ice, one Gay Prime Minister. It’s the first openly gay prime minister in the whole world! (@on top magazine)
4. Change We Can Believe In! President Obama’s quote of the week at the Holocaust Rememberance Day:
“To this day, there are those who insist the Holocaust never happened, who perpetrate every form of intolerance — racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, xenophobia, sexism, and more — hatred that degrades its victim and diminishes us all. Today and every day we have an opportunity, as well as an obligation, to confront these scourges. To fight the impulse to turn the channel when we see images that disturb us, or wrap ourselves in the false comforts that others’ sufferings are not our own…”
5. Beth Ditto rocks a remarkable Alexander McQueen outfit in the newest issue of BlackBook. (@girlfriendisahomo)
6. An anonymous donor is bestowing women’s colleges with very handsome rewards. (@shakespeare’s sister)
so no one has commented today, therefore I guess I will.. I wish cybill was my mom.. Actually my moms cool enough.. Her and cybill would totally be bff if they met I can pretend.. I would never have known that that was sharon stone, she looks super healthy…..
That guy with samro is totally heidi montags old boss, brent bolthouse.. Or current? Idk I havent seen it in a couple years but I am totally ashamed that I even know that at all. The end.
Nice pics! Koodos…Yeah, it would be nice to have Cybil as a mom hey? That’d rock! However, my mom is pretty coolio too…and everyone asks her if she’s an actress cuz she’s good looking for her age – lol.
Is it just me, or is the fascinations with SamRo just overdone? I mean Lindsay is quite pretty and I’m happy she is happy if she’s with or without SamRo, but really? I look at SamRo and I think – ok, she’s a DJ…she’s “ok” looking…..hmmmmm what does LiLo get out of the relationship?
Well, sex…duh. However I guess what I’m trying to see is where’s the attraction with SamRo? Perhaps people are gonna slog me, cuz SamRo soooooo isn’t my type – I dunno – maybe there is like SamRo fans out there who think she’s gorgeous and amazing? I have no idea!
However for my tastes? Ummm no!
LiLo is talented, and gorgeous and rich and seems to have a great sense of humour and seems honest and like she’s getting her life back together…why tag on to SamRo unless she’s in love with her? Really? What does SamRo offer her? Hell, look at all the gorgeous gay women LiLo COULD have…. you know?
Ok, I’m done – I’m sure much ire and acrimony will come as a result of this post – LOL.
that anonymous donor needs to give a hunk of change to sarah lawrence. i need more financial aid.