In our 2012 Reader Survey, we asked you so many questions. One of them was, “if you could add anything to Autostraddle, what would it be?”. Your answers were plentiful and useful and abundant and many of them we’ve already put into action, including overarching requests for more merch, meet-ups, personal essays, masculine-of-center stuff, sex, and perspectives from the South. There’s stuff we’re working on, too, like a faster, better-designed website, more essays from mememememe (there will be a new regular debuting soon, stay tuned), more international news, more trans* women contributors and more articles on ‘adult shit’ like home decorating. You also pointed out holes in our team that also drive us absolutely crazy and I would stick my hand in a food processor to fix tomorrow; like that only 35% of the women who write most frequently for this site are of color, that we lack a United Kingdom correspondent and that we don’t have any regular writers over the age of 35. Luckily we have this big bright future thing ahead of us and will hopefully accomplish all our goals.
But a lot of you thought way outside the box and came up with some really inventive ideas we’re definitely writing down on our whiteboard. Today I will share some of these brilliant offerings with you.
Really Special Suggestions For What You’d Add To Autostraddle:
- an official Autostraddle Pizza Delivery System
- more cheese-based goods
- moar cowbell
- Kristen Stewart as editor
- a wedding ring to be wed to me forever and ever.
- improved cat accessibility
- a pony
- free cats
- free unicorns for everyone
- probs more butts
- a piñata
- more commenters on bi content who aren’t assholes
- video blogs with Megan Rapinoe
- a cupcake dispenser
- hot sauce
- grilled cheese
- myself in a cuddle puddle with Autostraddle staff
- Daily reports of what Sara Quin is doing. You know, in her day to day life. Perhaps you could hire someone to spy on her constantly. Im available to hack email accounts, tap phone lines, etc. Contact me for more information.
- a “find Me a Girlfriend” button
- a time-portal so I could read it all day and not use up work time
- hot girls who would pop out of my computer and hand feed me Nutella as I browsed the internet.
- a way to make all the team members pop out of my computer and give me hugs when i’m feeling down
- 3-D capabilities. for petting the whiskey kittehs, of course. not just the boobs.
- a teleporter
- the smell of baked goods
- the ability to order free nacho delivery
- an explanation as to why all queers are allergic to gluten
- a girl to lay in bed and read it with me.
Before you go! It takes funding to keep this publication by and for queer women and trans people of all genders running every day. And A+ members keep the majority of our site free for everyone. Still, 99.9% of our readers are not members. A+ membership starts at just $4/month. If you’re able to, will you join A+ and keep Autostraddle here and working for everyone?