In our 2012 Reader Survey, we asked you so many questions. One of them was, “if you could add anything to Autostraddle, what would it be?”. Your answers were plentiful and useful and abundant and many of them we’ve already put into action, including overarching requests for more merch, meet-ups, personal essays, masculine-of-center stuff, sex, and perspectives from the South. There’s stuff we’re working on, too, like a faster, better-designed website, more essays from mememememe (there will be a new regular debuting soon, stay tuned), more international news, more trans* women contributors and more articles on ‘adult shit’ like home decorating. You also pointed out holes in our team that also drive us absolutely crazy and I would stick my hand in a food processor to fix tomorrow; like that only 35% of the women who write most frequently for this site are of color, that we lack a United Kingdom correspondent and that we don’t have any regular writers over the age of 35. Luckily we have this big bright future thing ahead of us and will hopefully accomplish all our goals.
But a lot of you thought way outside the box and came up with some really inventive ideas we’re definitely writing down on our whiteboard. Today I will share some of these brilliant offerings with you.
Really Special Suggestions For What You’d Add To Autostraddle:
1. an official Autostraddle Pizza Delivery System
2. more cheese-based goods
3. moar cowbell
4. Kristen Stewart as editor
5. a wedding ring to be wed to me forever and ever.
6. improved cat accessibility
7. a pony
9. free cats
10. free unicorns for everyone
11. probs more butts
12. a piñata
13. more commenters on bi content who aren’t assholes
14. video blogs with Megan Rapinoe
15. a cupcake dispenser
16. hot sauce
17. grilled cheese
18. myself in a cuddle puddle with Autostraddle staff
19. Daily reports of what Sara Quin is doing. You know, in her day to day life. Perhaps you could hire someone to spy on her constantly. Im available to hack email accounts, tap phone lines, etc. Contact me for more information.
21. a “find Me a Girlfriend” button
22. a time-portal so I could read it all day and not use up work time
23. hot girls who would pop out of my computer and hand feed me Nutella as I browsed the internet.
24. a way to make all the team members pop out of my computer and give me hugs when i’m feeling down
25. 3-D capabilities. for petting the whiskey kittehs, of course. not just the boobs.
26. a teleporter
27. the smell of baked goods
28. the ability to order free nacho delivery
29. an explanation as to why all queers are allergic to gluten
30. a girl to lay in bed and read it with me.