Hello melting snow people! Wait — are you melting? Maybe not. It’s still pretty cold out there, especially if you live on the East Coast.
ANYHOW. This is my very first time hosting a Friday Open Thread! This week, we’re gonna talk about Scenic Views. I am so excited to spend my night in here with y’all! And also, if I’m going to be completely honest, I’m a little nervous, too. Y’all have a whole little world in here! That’s so great! Thank you for having me! If you’re an FOT lurker, post something today and we can be newbies together!
I really wanted to show you all these pictures I took while driving around the US. I wrote a little bit about the weirdo things I saw on it and some feelings I had on it, but there are all these PHOTOS:
And now I want to see YOUR scenic views. Post your photos in the comments! “Scene” and “view” is up for wide interpretation. Some ideas I had that might fall into the category of “scenic view” include, but are most certainly not limited to:
- train tracks
- the view from your roof
- the view from your car
- the pizza you just ordered
- the kale you just cooked
- your genderfriend smiling all cute at you from across the bed
- your baby sleeping on the dog
- the pile of snow you just shoveled that is so large it reaches your second-story window
I am extra interested in people who live in warm places and near beaches to post pictures of views that connote “warm” and “sun” because I have been in a state of near-frozen for the past several weeks here in Philadelphia.
Also this is a PSA that it’s the last Friday of February! Tomorrow is the last day of February! Have you sent your rent check yet? Get it in the mail! Come Monday it’ll already be March! Just do it now. We’ll wait.
How To Post A Photo In The Comments:
1. Find a photo! This is the easy part. Find a photo on the web, right click (on a Mac, control+click), hit “Copy Image URL” and then…
2. Code it in to your comment! Use the following code, and use a DIRECT LINK to the image. Your image link should end in .JPG or .GIF or .PNG or .CallMeWhateverYouWant even. I don’t care, but it should be an image suffix! KINDA LIKE THIS:
How To Post A Video In The Comments, Too:
1. Find a video on YouTube or Vimeo or WHATEVER and click “embed.” Copy that code, but first make sure it’s for 640 px wide or less. If your player is too large, it will not display properly.
2. Copy the code and paste it directly into your comment.
3. Go forth and jam.