In order from most favorite to least favorite:
1. Jezebel: Our soul sisters 4-life.
2. Gawker: Where Emily Gould got born. Gawker ‘changed the world.’
Riese: “Bloggorrhea was the quickest way to get like 4,000 new visitors to your blog in the mid-to-late ’00s.”
3. Lifehacker: Lifehacker is the internet’s best-kept secret that sometimes feels like a friendly neighbor and sometimes feels like a reminder of all the ways your life could be more efficient if you weren’t such a lazy fuck-up.
4. i09: We like Star Trek: The Next Generation.
5. Fleshbot: Sex.
6. Gizmodo: Seems “important.”
Riese: what is kotaku
Rachel: i think kotaku is probably about japanese stuff
8. Deadspin: Better than Jalopnik because of the WNBA.
Rachel: i think jalopnik is about cars, therefore worse than deadspin
Riese: yes, worse
Rachel: deadspin could theoretically cover the wbna
Riese: i care more about basketball than about a fucking car. what is there to talk about with cars. just drive it.
Riese: Jalopnik is basically a blog about a product we can’t afford.
(“Listicle Without Commentary” title stolen from The Awl, then adapted for our own purposes.)
(We also recommend defamer au, owned by Allure Media)