Feature image via shutterstock
Hiiiiiii cute humans! It’s Friday Open Thread time! That gay ol’ time. Talkin’ about stuff and things. Maybe even new threads. And GIFs. Lots of GIFs. WOULD YOU HANGGGGG WITH ME?
For whatever reason (okay, it’s the same reason as everyone else: new year’s resolutions), I often find myself contemplating my wardrobe in January. Everyone goes back to the daily grind and I start to wonder: Do I even like the things hanging in my closet? It’s deep enough into winter that I can determine the pieces for the season which I want to hold onto, and which pieces have little to no relevance to me. Sometimes it’s a practicality thing (worn, stained etc) and sometimes it’s just aesthetics. But I’ve started to do a closet clean out somewhere in the first four weeks of the year, just to kind of recalibrate myself.
When I was high school, every August I would compile a meticulously researched list after combing through countless magazines. The list would include all the articles I hoped to find at the mall/Value Village that would make me the coolest… Granted, my budget was typically limited and I managed to continue being a choir geek but the routine has definitely stuck. It’s one of my favourite new season activities: what do I want in my wardrobe now? It’s not always super long, but I find it super helpful to clearly articulate what it is that I’m jonesin’ for. Often times it’s things that I might already own. An aside: If you need help revamping your look, I’ve got you covered. Check it here.
So what am I currently into?
1. I tend to get very, very obsessed with specific pairs of shoes for months at a time.. Last year it was Adidas Superstar III, the year before it was Vans low lace ups. Spring 2015 has me thinking about two pairs: Vans Sk8 His in all white, and Dr. Martens Oxfords. Both fantastically low key, durable, good lookin’ and would go with just about everything I could ever want to wear.
2. This year will be the year I find a motorcycle jacket, goddamn it! I’ve been lusting after them since the 10th grade… Maybe I’ll save enough pennies for this one from ASOS.
3. My love for dusters or glorified housecoats continues. Paired with coordinating pants? Sold!
Now that you know what’s bouncing in the sartorial recesses of my brain, I want to know… What do you want to wear? What looks have you heart thumping? What have you been wearing all the time? Falling asleep in and wearing to work the next day? What do you never want to wear again? What did you do this week? What are you up to this evening/weekend/in life? I wanna chill with you, let’s get to it!
How To Post A Photo In The Comments:
1. Find a photo! This is the easy part. Find a photo on the web, right click (on a Mac, control+click), hit “Copy Image URL” and then…
2. Code it into your comment! Use the following code, and use a DIRECT LINK to the image. Your image link should end in .JPG or .GIF or .PNG or .CallMeWhateverYouWant even. I don’t care, but it should be an image suffix! KINDA LIKE THIS:
How To Post A Video In The Comments, Too:
1. Find a video on YouTube or Vimeo or WHATEVER and click “embed.” Copy that code, but first make sure it’s for 640 px wide or less. If your player is too large, it will not display properly.
2. Copy the code and paste it directly into your comment.
3. Go forth and jam.