At last it’s time! It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for, when four of you beautiful human specimens will have your lives completely transformed! A few weeks back, we announced the first-ever Autostraddle Grand Excellent Sweepstakes Blowout of All Time. The rules were simple: register as a member on Autostraddle, comment on the contest post telling us your favorite thing to read on Autostraddle, and then comment at least every other day until December 12th. About 100 of you weirdos ended up following through on your commenting commitment, and Adorable Forever Intern Grace and Adorable Editorial Assistant Chelsey put all your names into their little hats and made a video, as promised! ARE YOU READY? I DON’T THINK YOU’RE READY.
If your name was called, then email me (riese [at] autostraddle [dot] com) for instructions on how to redeem your prize! If you were the grand-prize winner, also please let me know in your email if you want to apply the $100 towards a future A-Camp tuition or If you’d like to use it as credit in the Autostraddle store.
Lastly, on a community note: thanks to all of you for participating in this contest! Your feedback on your favorite Autostraddle things has been SO helpful — both in guiding our editorial plans for the future and in reassuring the authors of some of our less-trafficked regulars that y’all are indeed reading and loving the work we do. The energy and enthusiasm you infused into the site with your frequent commentary has accordingly energized and enthused our writing team. Coming to work every day (and by “coming to work” I mean crawling out of bed and opening our laptops) has been five billion times better since the sweepstakes started. So we hope you stick around for the long haul.
We’ve put a lot of energy into making sure that the new website debuted with kickass content and a super-engaged community and so far, so good! You’ll read more about that and our plans for the future in a Letter From The Editor / State of the Autostraddle Union I plan to finish writing some time in the next few weeks.
Feel free to proceed directly to the Autostraddle Store from here ’cause we’ve got all kinds of new shit in stock:
- 2014 Autostraddle Calendar: 12 months of pure queer beauty.
- You Do You Flasks: Support us while supporting your own pursuit of hedonism.
- “You Do You” Grey Zip-Up Hoodies: So soft, so necessary.
- A-Camp Hoodies: These navy A-Camp hoodies are the hottest hoodies in the history of hoodies.
- We’ve also got You Do You T-Shirts, Straddle This Boxer-Briefs, So Many Feelings Journals (on sale for $8!), You Do You Pins and You Do You stickers and totes in stock!
- Also. Also. Also. We’ve sold over 1,000 “Autostraddle This” shirts since their debut in 2011, and this run will be our very last! So, if you’ve been holding out, now’s your chance to snag one for only $18!
Happy Hunger Games!