Hello! It has come to our attention that many of you here at Autostraddle are “in college” or “going to college.” Furthermore, many of us here on Team Autostraddle graduated from college before Shane got invented and don’t know what campus life is like these days.
We’re in the process of putting together one of those fantastic mega-posts jam-packed with information and we need your help!
We’ve gathered a lot of material from our own friends & family, but we’ve got some holes.
Please only respond to this call if you are:
1) Involved in the gay scene on your campus.
2) Are currently attending [x] school or have graduated within the last two years
3) Out at school as queer/lesbian/bisexual
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO ANY OF THESE RULES
Questions to answer/address:
– How safe/friendly the environment is for LGBTs
– How safe/friendly the environment is for lesbians/queer women specifically
– What the dating scene is like.
– What the overall social scene is like.
– Is there a GSA or other gay club? How is it?
– What gay events/clubs/situations would you recommend to a new queer on campus?
– Is the town/city/village your school is located in gay-friendly?
– Please include any relavant URLS or phone numbers
– Any other insider info you’d like to share.
We reserve the right to edit your piece for style and clarity and will publish without your name unless specifically asked to use your name. If we get more than one submission from the same school, we’ll try to edit them into one coherent perspective.
So, schools we still need people to write about:
– Bryn Mawr
– University of Washington
– Carleton College
– Ohio State
– SUNY Purchase
– University of Oregon – Eugene
– University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
– UC – Berkeley
– UC- Santa Cruz
– Concordia (Canada)
– Sarah Lawrence
– University of Pennsylvania
– Penn State
– University of Massachusetts – Amherst
– Indiana – Bloomington
– University of Texas
We have already received responses for the schools highlighted in red. Thank you!
Email your 1-2 paragraphs
BREN [AT] AUTOSTRADDLE DOT COM.
If your school isn’t on this list and you feel like it should be, email us and ask if you can write about it. It’s likely it’s not on this list because we’ve already got somebody writing about it, but if not then we’ll give you the green light.