Were you planning on watching Laguna Beach marathons all weekend? I hope not, because I’m gonna need you to put that on the back burner and take care of some fellow queerdos on the internet. Let me tell you something: most of the time I want to type ‘intranet,’ because I like to pronounce things differently on purpose, usually in a remarkably decent British accent, but I feel like you’ll think it’s just a typo or that I don’t know the difference between ‘intra’ and ‘inter,’ so I don’t. I just need you to know that in my head, I’m saying ‘intranet.’
So in case you’re just joining us, Formsprong Freeday is when we share some questions we’ve received in our Formspring inboxes and you get to give the advice! Sometimes things are complicated and uncomfortable, but this isn’t one of those things, now is it? There are some super thought-provoking questions this week and I anticipate lots of long-form answers. Incidentally, #15 makes me so so sad! Good luck, #15.
15 Formspring Questions For You To Answer
1. How does one come out to a roommate as trans*, when you’re going to a women’s college? I find out my rooming assignment in a month and for the matching sheet I said I like lesbian/feminist folk music, but I’m still scared!
2. What do you do when you know deep down that your girlfriend will never commit fully to you because her parents don’t approve of her being with a girl? What do you do when your best friend in the world can’t do that for you?
3. I have a giant crush on my friend who might not be straight. Would it be better to talk to her about it or could I make a grand gesture and kiss her? I don’t want to lose her as a friend.
4. How do you tell a straight girl you want her to stop holding hands with you, touching and hugging you constantly, and generally making you want to kiss her, without offending or making her uncomfortable?
5. I came out to my mom as trans in February but she is acting like I never did, even after buying me a binder. What can I do to make her respect me, and my preffered name and pronouns?
6. Touching myself has never gotten me the slightest bit aroused, let alone an orgasm. Am I just broken? I like women, but I don’t know what’s going on with my lack of lady boners.
7. All my friends are really good looking/funny/cool and I feel like a lot of the time they outshine me, however I am also quite funny. I feel like a lot of people view me as “friend” material and them as “omg lets hump now” material. How do I fix this?
8. I’m starting to feel like I may be becoming “stone butch” because I don’t enjoy receiving sexy times like I used to. While I would be okay with that, I’m just a little confused as to what’s going on with me. Any advice?
9. What do you do if you’re with someone and she’s way more attached to you than you are to her? What if she adores you like you’re on a high pedestal, but you don’t feel any spark? How do you tell her?
10. Cliche. But how do I tell my mom I have a girlfriend? She’ll be fine with it. I just want her to be like okay. and then it’s just okay and no one cares. I guess what I’m asking is, how do I hint to my mom that I have a girlfriend so that she guesses?
11. Am I overreacting when I get ticked off to the point of not speaking to her because she said she doesn’t count me as someone she’s had sex with because she only counts sexual intercourse as sex?
12. My gf is thinner than me. I know it shouldnt matter. but it does matter, to me. I dont know what to do.
13. I got diagnosed with Bipolar II. How do I tell my girlfriend/family? I know they must have been worried about me for a long while, but I don’t want them to think I’m insane…or read up on it and know what I think about.
14. After a year abroad, in a month I’m returning home and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Do you have any advice on how to not have a meltdown?
15. My mom is so lonely and sad and I don’t know how to help her… I’m doing what I can but I’m only 21 and I’m in college and she’s just so bored and sad. Help?
To send your question via Formspring, choose an editor:
More writers’ Formsprings can be found on Autostraddle’s tumblr presence. Please keep your questions to around, at most, 100 words. Due to the high volume of questions and feelings, not every question or feeling will be answered or published on Autostraddle. We hope you know that we love you regardless.