1. OMFG it’s the most important day of daytime television since Rachel Maddow went on The View! Drop everything. Remember when Ellen wasn’t allowed to talk about being gay on her show? And now her smokin’ hot wife is totally gonna be ON THE SHOW? Progress I tell you, progress! (@the ellen show)
And we’ve got your videos of today’s interview of Portia De Rossi by Ellen DeGeneres on The Ellen Show from Monday March 16, 2009:
2. Wanna know who burned down Wax? Check out Shane’s Interrogation Tape, via Showtime. Wanna know why Shane is talking about her feelings on random stuff at the police station? Tough luck. Wanna see Shane’s pores? YEAH YOU DO. Check out The L Word‘s latest installation of “The Interrogation Tapes.”:
4. The peoples of Maine are increasingly supportive of the gays getting married. (@the advocate)
5. In case you haven’t noticed a new study reveals that gays, lesbians and bisexuals are not more wealthy than everyone else. I blame Ilene for anyone perceiving otherwise, obvs. (@pinknews) (JK, that’s the only thing I defo don’t blame her for.)
6. There is a warrant out for Lindsay Lohan’s arrest but no one knows why and apparently they couldn’t pick her up because there was confusion about the charge or something. Probs it was ’cause it oughtta be illegal to look that good in leggings. (@girlfriend is a homo)
Cooking with Trannies [@youtube]
So I just discovered this rad YouTube show called “Cooking with Trannies,” which combines two of my favourite things – gender and vegan cooking. In the first episode, a trans-man called Trent learns how to cook spaghetti and not-balls to impress his date. I learned a fancy way to chop basil. The chef keeps addressing him as “tranny,” as in “Here, chop this basil, tranny,” which is a little weird, but I get the feeling maybe they’re actually friends in real life..? Regardless, I’m a big fan of vegan anything, and this looks pretty delicious.
And now for something GAY! I don’t normally plug OTHER lesbian photographers, but when I was at Dinah Shore last year I met Alexandra Gibson who also does boudoir and was quite impressed with her, her work, and her concepts. Check out her work, and yes, you can get to her site by typing in iwillshootyourhead (dot com, obvs). Amazing. Her boudoir and erotic work is very queer and very hot. I even bought several of her prints last summer. Ow Ow!
Ever find yourself having a slow, mind-numbing day at work? Yeah me too. That’s why I like Read At Work, a website that lets you read the classics, such as Dickinson and Twain, in the disguise of corporate PowerPoint presentations. Your boss won’t be any wiser.
I saw Britney’s Circus tour the other night, and let me just say… Britney’s back! It was an amazing show. And on top of the great choreography and staging, and overall great stage presence, I found the graphics and video elements to be really cool too. I found a video taken by a fan at her New Orleans show of one of my favorite parts—an “Eyes Wide Shut”-esque scene set to Marilyn Manson’s cover of the Eurythmics’ “Sweet Dreams.wp_postsIt’s hot, well-edited, and kinda gay. Check it out here. I was really hoping the guy alone at the couch would reveal himself to be Chuck Bass at the end, but tragically he did not.