Hello and welcome to this thing we’re doing where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and we’ll talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we gave you recipes for Thanksgiving, which you should feel free to use throughout the rest of your holigay season and/or life.
Have you ever done the Would You Rather where the first option is to live in a small apartment with your two worst enemies in your least favorite city for ten years, and the other is to have a goat within a ten-foot radius of your body for the rest of your life? Well I would pick the goat every time, partly because I think I would get used to the goat and that it would be more tolerable than ten years with those two in Las Vegas, but mostly because it means I’d have a perpetual source of goat’s milk, which would then give me access to endless goat cheese. I LOVE GOAT CHEESE. I love that it’s sort of sour but still mild. I also love it because my lactose-intolerant stomach will tolerate goat cheese (something to do with fat globules). Usually when I cook on my own, I figure out ways to substitute goat cheese for cow-cheese or cow-milk. Most recipes created with goat cheese don’t exclude cow-dairy. So I haven’t deprived you of those, but the ones where the only significant non-egg dairy is goat cheese come first.
1. Arugula, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza
2. Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese and Rosemary Mac + Cheese
3. Goat Cheese and Avocado Toast
4. Penne with Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese
5. Baked Goat Cheese
6. Spinach and Goat Cheese Bisque
7. Baked Goat Cheese Cigars with Honey and Thyme
8. Honeyed Goat Cheese Apple Rings
9. Goat Cheese with Fresh Dill
10. Goat Cheese, Walnut and Sweet Potato Salad
11. Chocolate Chevre Brownies
12. Goat Cheese and Black Pepper Truffles
13. Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Goat Cheese
14. Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Fried Egg Sandwich
Goat Dairy and Cow Dairy
15. Spicy Squash Salad with Lentils and Goat Cheese
16. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
17. Caramelized Pear, Chocolate and Goat Cheese Smoothie
18. Buttered Mushroom Sage Pesto Goat Cheese Sourdough Toast
19. Spinach and Goat Cheese Ravioli
20. Blackberry Goat Cheese Tart
21. Goat Cheese Honey Ice Cream
22. Roasted Cauliflower, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quiche
23. Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pasta Bake
24. Goat Cheese and Black Pepper Popovers
25. Peppadew Pepper, Goat Cheese and Bacon Grilled Cheese
26. Beet Ravioli with Goat Cheese, Ricotta and Mint Filling
27. Asparagus and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
28. Goat Cheese Souffle with Fresh Herbs
29. Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Cornbread
30. Goat Cheese and Herb Baked Eggs
Um, this recipe also includes a beer pairing. Just thought you should know. Breakfast beer.
While my favorite goat cheese recipe is just goat cheese eaten straight out of the weird log thing with a spoon, these sound AMAZINGGG I AM SO HAPPY THE WORLD HOLDS SO MUCH PROMISE
That sounds similar to my favorite nutella recipe.
omg these recipes are amazing…love goats cheese…goatcheesegasm *.*
Goats cheese is probably my first and foremost love in life, and I can’t believe AS has this article. This website has everything that I love in life on it. I could live in Autostraddle if it were a real life place thing. And all I would eat is goats cheese and sweet potatoes and avocados. And it would be queer, feminist, tasty perfection.
This sounds like heaven let’s make it happen
And they would be purple sweet potatoes.
I would love to live there too.
How have I never thought of making macaroni cheese with goat cheese??! I feel I have failed.
I don’t like goat cheese. I think I’m the only person in the world. I looked through the post, though, and I wish I did like goat cheese because these look so yummy.
I’ve been feeling a bit uninspired when it comes to cooking lately, but all these recipes got me so excited! I think some goat cheese is just what I need in my life right now.
Gloria doesn’t like goat cheese :( And I like goat cheese and that means I probably won’t make anything with goat cheese because it will go to waste. These all look delicious!
i’ve made that mushroom quiche for my keto-dieting partner and it is a DELIGHT. the quinoa crust is a bit weird but could probs be eliminated entirely.
my favorite goat cheese pasta recipe is spinach mushrooms and goat cheese just fucking melted over penne. it’s for when you accidentally buy the giant pack of goat cheese at costco bc it uses like 6 oz of goat cheese, GO WILD
Have any of you heard about the llama cheese? I hear it is much like goat cheese….tangy….but still quite different in taste! I was trying to find a place who carries it…….Have any of you heard about where it can be found? Thanks.
Last January I (sorta)blew my food budget on goat cheese. It was worth it.
auostraddle, have I ever loved you! when I grow up I’ll leave academic publishing and move to the country with a bunch of goats, mainly for the delicious cheese.
thanks especially for the goat cheese quiche recipe!