Over 3,500 people filled out our survey on fighting in same-sex relationships between women, and earlier this week we produced an impressive infographic and the data on what you fight about most often. For some reason “which was a better series: Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter” did not show up on that list. That’s what this list is for. Culled from your answers about “the stupidest thing you’ve ever fought about.”
51 Most Important Things You’ve Ever Fought About
1. She thought the best version of “Such Great Heights” was the one by The Postal Service when obviously it’s the one by Iron & Wine
2. I capitalized the dog’s name in text messages but not the cats
3. I woke her up at 2 AM to ask if she thought toasters have souls
4. Who was more popular in high school
5. How to paint a picture of a park
6. Whether or not the screen ratio on our Netflix account had changed with the most recent software update (it did).
7. Whether Rose was a better companion than Martha (no)
8. Which was a better series: Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter
9. Whether Rocky Horror is better than Titanic. I slept on the couch for three days, and still hold that Rocky Horror is a much better movie.
10. That she wouldn’t budge from the fact that she thought no one would ever be stupid enough to try to be Batman (be very rich and become a superhero using gadgets). I thought that it would be inevitable.
11. How many alien creatures (in a movie) could fit in a human body
12. I didn’t tag her in an Instagram photo THAT SHE WASN’T EVEN IN.
13. Which of our astrological sun signs is more of a bitch
14. Mario Kart
15. Kraft Singles
16. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde
17. Whether “mindfulness” is just being used as a buzzword now
18. Whether the Royal Family is really that well know outside of the U.K.
19. The merit of Bon Iver
20. I wanted to take her cat for a walk on a leash
21. The content of a meeting neither of us were at
22. What actor played the mean clown in Air Bud
23. Whether I would hypothetically take a snow day from work if it occurred. (The fight happened in July.)
24. If the comic book make-up tuturials were real or technologically enhanced
25. She made me feel weird about drinking milk with breakfast
26. Are leggings pants
27. I forgot Chapstick at home on the way to the grocery store and she didn’t have any either
28. I refused to eat at Guy Fieri’s restaurant
29. She wanted me to go get her cookies and instead of asking me directly to do it, she hinted at it. Then she got mad that I didn’t pick up on the hint.
30. We both identify as Ravenclaws, but she says I’m a Hufflepuff and I say she’s a Gryffindor
31. The difference between fried dough and funnel cake. THEY’RE NOT THE SAME THING!
32. Whether or not she could take in a wounded raccoon and raise it as a pet
33. I wanted two tortoises in the future but she said we could only adopt one
34. If someone’s favorite color could be orange. (it was my favorite color but apparently I can’t like the color orange because it’s no one’s favorite color…)
35. Whether I could buy a pair of pants while she was buying bras
36. I have a badass pair of boots that I’m not allowed to wear because boots are her thing, apparently.
37. Who gets to wear the stripes in the outfit: I have a thing about matching and have proposed a 75/25 balance in her favor, while she wants them 100% of the time.
38. If this old shirt of hers was pink, salmon, or coral
39. What the snapchat ghost looks like.
40. Someone else’s haircut
41. We fought about if fruit is a carb until it got so heated I had to cry in the bathroom
42. I don’t like the word “yummy” and she uses it a lot
43. Whether you could put on more than the actual weight of a chocolate bar by eating the chocolate bar.
44. Whether city streets in Chicago are built with a curve to encourage rain water to go into the gutter.
45. Whether I use the phrase “blue filter” too often when we talk about movies.
46. Whether or not we would gift our future hypothetical child a swiss army knife and at what age it would be appropriate
47. I said “my school didn’t have a teacher’s lounge” and she really, really, really didn’t believe that.
48. The true plot of the movie Avatar
49. One time we went to a communism themed party and I accidentally said something mean to her and it hurt her feelings really bad and we didn’t talk for like the whole weekend but I’m not sure what I said, to this day
50. She wouldn’t let me suck her eyeball
51. I can’t even remember but I started it and definitely cried