Hello and welcome to this thing we’re doing where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and we’ll talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we fell in love with nopales.
Did you know that pomegranate season in the northern hemisphere runs from September through February? And in the southern hemisphere, it goes from March until May? According to my calculations, this means that wherever you are in the world, today is a prime time to start collecting pomegranate recipes!
1. Salmon Tacos with Pomegranate Guacamole
2. Spicy Cider Beer Braised Chicken Enchilada Tacos with Sweet Chili Apple-Pomegranate Salsa
The pomegranate salsa component of this recipe is really good and really easy to make! The chicken is right on the edge of being too much work to be worth it, though. Next time I make this, I’ll either do the slow cooker method or wait until I have leftover chicken to use up.
3. Pomegranate with Eggs From Azerbaijan
4. Pomegranate Cornbread Stuffing
Dried apricots in stuffing! What a revelation.
5. Sumac-Dusted Cauliflower “Steaks”
6. Toasted Coconut Tilapia with Pomegranate Salsa
7. Persian Jeweled Rice
8. Cinnamon Infused Pomegranate Saffron Rice Recipe
You know, I don’t even really like it when people use the word “exotic” to describe ingredients (much less people). This rice looks really tasty, though.
9. Blood Orange and Wheat Berry Salad
10. Black Sticky Rice with Pomegranate and Passionfruit
11. Pomegranate Quinoa Pilaf
12. Chickpea, Pomegranate and Mint Crostini
13. Chickpea-Yogurt Dip with Pomegranate and Mint
14. Caramelized Butternut Squash Pumpkin Toast with Yogurt, Pomegranate and Honey
15. Moroccan Citrus Salad
16. Pomegranate Molasses
17. Roasted Autumn Veggies with A Horseradish and Pomegranate Relish
18. Cucumber Pomegranate Salad with Feta
19. Pomegranate Molasses Chicken with Bulgur Salad
20. Pomegranate, Persimmon and Pistachio Wild Rice Salad
21. Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Eggplant with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
Remember Wilder Hungers? I miss that column. Anyway, one day Gabi found herself with too much with Japanese eggplant, so she made this beautiful thing.
22. Pomegranate, Roasted Squash, Maple Caramelized Pecans and Tahini Salad
23. Pomegranate-Glazed Acorn Squash
24. Pomegranate Cucumber Raita
25. Guacamole with Pomegranate Seeds
26. Pomegranate Salsa
27. Mudaqqaqat Hamida (Fragrant Lamb Meatballs with Sour Sauce)
28. Rosewater Chicken
“I thought I’d share this Cinderella style dish that takes the humble chicken thigh and transforms it into a bejewelled goddess.” I mean, yes?
29. Khoresh-e-Fesenjan (Chicken, Walnut and Pomegranate)
This dish is magic. It’s my favorite stew recipe of all time. I like to make it with cherry pilaf and revel in how fantastic it is to be alive at a time when recipes like this are accessible to me (thanks, internet!).
30. Chicken Liver with Pomegranate Molasses
31. Duck Leg with Pomegranate Molasses and Baked Semolina
32. Red Wine and Pomegranate Hanger Steak with Cipollini Onions
I substituted pomegranate molasses in for regular molasses and that was a very solid decision. I could eat onions in this glaze forever, probably.
33. Liquor In The Wine: Mulled Wine Redux
In this recipe, Ali rectifies her earlier mistake of not including pomegranate in her mulled wine recipe. She also explains how to properly de-seed a pomegranate:
I favour the Alton Brown method. Slice the ends off and score the skins. Fill a bowl with water and break the pomegranate apart under water—that way you don’t spray yourself with red juice. Lightly but assertively brush the seeds off the rind, also under water. The rind floats to the top and the seeds sink to the bottom.
34. Homemade Grenadine
35. The Pink Lady With Pomegranate and Grapefruit
36. Pomegranate Champagne Sorbet
37. Pomegranate Fortune Cookie
38. Pink Swirl Meringues with Pomegranate Syrup
39. Pomegranate Pavlova
40. Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Pomegranate Syrup
41. Pomegranate Mousse Pie
42. Pomegranate Ombré Cake
43. Orange, Almond and Pomegranate Cake
44. Chocolate Pomegranate Tart
45. Pomegranate Fudge
Attention: this recipe only takes three ingredients and about five minutes of hands-on time. Pretty sure you need this in your life/mouth.
Yum pomegranate pavlova! So many good recipes.
Word to the wise – pomegranate never comes out of white fabric. So if you are going to have pomegranate fights wear dark clothes or prepare to be marked for life(ish).
Source – Growing up with a ton of cousins and an excessive number of pomegranates from a tree at nonna and nonno’s house.
Pomegranate fights would be so dramatic, though, with all that red juice…
This is remarkable, I was wondering only this weekend, while wielding a bottle of pomegranate molasses, whether there had ever been a list of pomegranate recipes on AS, and look! Here it is RIGHT IN MY FACE!
Remarkable, I tell you.
You wield that pomegranate molasses! May victory be yours.
Bless you, bless this. Pomegranates are so lovely.
I have a lot of the non-dessert foods on this list being middle eastern(Iranian). I can tell you that some of them, don’t even need pomegranate, which is great for those times when the season is over.
Thank you for this most important work. Very excited to peruse these many recipes. Pomegranate is heavenly.
All of this food looks so beautiful!
Drooling over the yummy desserts. Adding pomegranates to my grocery list this week!
Thank you so much for listing my recipe/photo ‘Duck Leg with Pomegranate Molasses and Baked Semolina’- I really appreciate it, plus I am happy to see what other bloggers are posting.
Are you psychic Laura? Missus just bought a pomegranate and I was staring at it this morning thinking “what the hell do I do with this except eat it with a pin or do impressions of the Phoenix from that 90s Conan cartoon”. So thank you, I now have many ideas.
We bought a box of pomegranates at Costco and have done 3 recipes so far — #3, #8 & #32. My wife’s favorite so far is the pom w/ egg from Azerbaijan but the other two are running close behind. Thanks for picking such great recipes. I look forward to trying more of them.
Spilling over the yummy baked goods. Adding pomegranates to my fundamental supply list this week!
I’m a proprietor of a business store where you can discover assortments of catering equipment, for example,http://www.discountcateringdirect.co.uk/catering-crockery/ming-ii-collection/square-plates.html , chafing dish and more for your bar or restaurant.if you need any item please visit my organization site.