Hello and welcome to this thing we’re doing where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and we’ll talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we ate all the eggs.
My quesadilla maker changed my life, you guys. It’s like all the frustration and sadness that had built up in my heart every time a tortilla stuck to a frying pan in my presence just disappeared this Christmas when I became the proud owner of a non-stick, circular, tortilla-melting machine. Everything is so easy and simple. My entire life is a little more zen. And I can’t stop eating quesadillas.
I figure as long as I’m resigning myself to a long life of delicious stuff sandwiched between two smokin’ hot tortillas, I might as well get creative with it. So far I’ve made pizzadillas, kalesadillas, pb&jsadillas. I’m actually probably just gonna change my rap name to Carmadilla at this point. But the options abound! There’s sweet, there’s savory, there’s the healthy and the sugar-dusted and the rich and the jam-packed. There’s a quesadilla for everyone in this world, and I wanna eat all of them.
1. Mushroom, Thyme, and Spinach Quesadilla with Smoked Gouda
2. Caprese Quesadilla
3. Cheesecake Sopadillas
4. Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
5. Dak Galbi Quesadilla with Gochujang Salsa Sauce
6. Hominy Quesadillas with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
7. Reuben Quesadilla
8. Kimchi Avocado Quesadilla
9. Smashed Garbanzo Breakfast Quesadilla
10. Crab Cake Quesadillas
11. Creamy Mushroom Kalesadilla
12. Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
13. BLT Quesadilla
14. Monterey Jack Quesadilla with Pear Salsa
15. Chipotle Asparagus Quesadilla
16. Squash Blossom Quesadilla
17. Blueberry, Brie, and Walnut Quesadilla
18. The Hangover Quesadilla
19. Squash and Black Bean Kalesadilla
20. Creamy Apple Cinnamon Quesadilla
21. Spinach Pie Quesadilla
22. Meatball Quesadilla
23. Shrimp Scampi Quesadilla
24. Smoked Gouda, Turkey, and Artichoke Quesadilla
25. Strawberry, Basil, and Goat Cheese Quesadilla
26. Smoked Salmon Quesadilla with Creamy Chipotle-Cilantro Sauce
27. Plant-Based Quesadilla Lasagna
28. Tempeh and Black Bean Quesadilla
29. Sweet Potato Quesadilla with Goat Cheese and Apples
30. Turkey Quesadilla with Cranberry Salsa
31. Corned Beef and Cabbage Quesadilla
32. Greek Quesadilla
33. Cuban Quesadilla
34. Black Bean and Zucchini Quesadillas
35. BBQ Mango and Chicken Quesadilla
36. Waffle Iron Quesadilla
This one’s for Laneia.
37. Fluffernutter Quesadilla
38. Smashed White Bean Kalesadilla
39. Tuscan Broccoli and Cheese Quesadilla
40. Dulce Quesadilla
41. Black Bean, Spinach, Mushroom, and Soy Chorizo Quesadilla
42. Chicken Nugget Quesadilla
This one is for Brittani, obviously.
ALL THE QUESADILLAS!! I lived on them the summer before senior year of college. Yum!
the next step is clearly learning to make tortillas at home so i can just turn into a puddle of joy and never feel pain again
Flour tortillas are not difficult. I’ll post a recipe later (likely tomorrow night, because midterms are destroying my soul right now).
Good luck on your midterms!
The first recipe the link doesn’t work and it looks amazing!!! These all look amazing!!!
fixed it! go forth and nom.
I LOVE QUESADILLAS SO MU-HUH-HUCHHHH
but once I found out about a very unfortunate cholesterol problem, I kinda mostly stopped eating them for the sake of my body, at the expense of true happiness I think.
Here’s my favorite quesadilla recipe, in steps:
1) go to whole foods
2) find the “snack cheese” basket where there’re smaller pieces of fancy cheese so everything’s under $4.
3) attempt to only buy one or two pieces but end up with like 6 instead
4) find some of those raw tortillas that you cook yourself (aka the only reason I ever shop at Ralph’s)
5) go home, eat a hunk of cheese, tell yourself it’s not a big deal because it was just a “snack” it even said so on the snack cheese basket
6) make some tortillas, but half cook one side of each tortilla. This’s gonna be the outside of the finished quesadilla
7) cut up a chunk or two of weird fancy cheese
8) assemble quesadilla in pan, with the fully cooked tortilla sides facing in, and the half cooked sides facing out. Use a lot of cheese. A LOT of cheese.
8a) (optional) put some other stuff in it, like whatever you have in your fridge. Highly recommend spinach, obvs.
9) cook that delicious motherfucker until the outsides of the tortillas are all crispy and perfect! The cheese should be melted by then.
10) EAT IT AND REJOICE
i love this recipe and follow it mostly to a t all the time, let’s be real
Just got a QUESADILLA maker so looking for ideas. You had great idea and made me laugh. Thanks
i heard you can use a waffle maker if you have one of those.
when i told geneva i got a quesadilla maker she was literally like “a frying pan?”
this is a quesadilla maker.
whoa. wow. so fast! so easy! so perfect?!?!?!?!?!? i want one. i want to eat nothing but quesadillas every day forever.
someday i will be able to afford to go to acamp again and maybe i can be in yr cabin again and you can bring your quesadilla maker? maybe? yes? the cabin can just be called “the quesadillas” perhaps
I used to make the sweet potato/goat’s cheese ones to take to work for lunch but I couldn’t concentrate on work because I was thinking about the quesadillas too much. I ended up eating them at 1030. After the third time I had to accept that I did not have the willpower for quesadillas at work.
i think about bringing quesadillas to work all the time but i’m always worried it’ll be like pizza where i know it’s better warm but then i just eat it cold because i can’t handle the temptation of the entire situation, so you’re not alone in this world @soulcakeduck, just so you know
Jack Daniel’s shredded chicken (i buy at Costco) plus cheese is AMAZING.Top with guac or sour cream if you like.
mmmm. honestly, a lot of these recipes got me thinking about how i could use fake meat more in my quesadillas – so now i’m adding shredded fake chicken to the list. thank you! i don’t think this is what you intended but rest assured it will change the entire trajectory of my life.
Omg. I may have just groaned slightly inappropriately. I love quesadillas and these look sooo good, but alas I am on a strict healthy eating plan. Bookmarking though,oh hell yes!
some day your quesadilla will come, jas. i hope that day is soon and also i hope you post pics of it in that week’s friday open thread.
I FOUND OUR QUESADILLA MAKER! It is, indeed, exactly the same as yours, Carmen.
I feel so inspired.
yesssssss, quesadilla maker twins and soul twins! can it get any sweeter? OH WAIT YES IT CAN BECAUSE I CAN MAKE BLUEBERRY AND BRIE QUESADILLAS
#carmadilla. I’d wear the tee shirt! I love these recipes, can’t wait to try them.
YOU’RE THE BEST VALARIE
I want every single one of those quesadillas smothered all over my body. I don’t even like half of the ingredients in these but THEY LOOK SO GOOD ughh.
what brand did you buy, thinking of buying one thanks for the recipes.
what brand did you buy