Already nearly 3,000 people have filled out our fight club survey, which means we’re gonna have tons of interesting data for y’all. If you’re a woman of any sexual orientation dating another woman of any sexual orientation then you should definitely fill it out, it’ll be open ’til the end of the weekend.
But already so many of the answers to “what’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever fought about?” are just too golden to withhold. So let’s get a preview of just how special everybody is with an intro listling: sentences ripped mercilessly out of context from the answers to our question about your stupidest fight. The gay ones.
43 Of The Gayest Things You’ve Fought About
1. She was reading Harry Potter fanfic instead of wanting to have sex with me
2. The possible growth in popularity of women’s soccer in the U.S.
3. Who the cat loves more.
4. Putting together an IKEA bed frame
5. Fucking IKEA, man. I can’t even remember why but I remember just leaving her in the middle of the store for some reason.
6. When I said that men are terrible and not worth the work of rehabilitation.
7. The tone of voice I used to ask her to go down on me
8. I asked if she wanted to watch a Hannah Hart video and didn’t listen to the answer
9. Whether or not David Bowie’s hair in Labyrinth was a wig
10. My partner wore the pasties I wanted to wear for Pride
11. The colour of our future cat (WHICH NEEDS TO BE BLACK BECAUSE IT’S THE ONLY COLOUR I WEAR).
12. I showed her the film version of “Rent” and she hated it so much that we didn’t even get through “Take Me Or Leave Me.”
13. Probably Pretty Little Liars (looking at you, Heather Hogan)
14. She got jealous when I said that Ruby Rose “wasn’t ugly”
15. Who liked Melanie Martinez first.
16. Judith Frank’s novel “Crybaby Butch”
17. Whether or not “The Object of My Affection,” starring Jennifer Aniston, is “a feminist film”
18. Whether or not selfie culture upholds or demolishes the patriarchy
19. The feasibility of being Xena Warrior Princess when we grow up
20. How remembralls in Harry Potter work – and we still disagree about whether there has to be a logical, believable (but magical, obvs.) explanation for how remembralls work, or whether they just work because they work.
21. Cause of moon phases (she was right)
22. The quality of an Orca documentary
23. She felt I was too excited when Ellen Page came out. She had a point, I was fucking thrilled.
24. Meghan Trainor’s “All About That Bass”
25. Shonda Rhimes
26. Bernie Sanders (I’m a Hillary-enthusiast)
27. Whether or not Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl” is a good song
28. Virginia Woolf, but I stand by that one.
29. Whether or not bisexuals exist. Hello, I’m bisexual!
30. Whether “introvert” is a valid and unique identification.
31. The word “dyke”
32. Why I fold polo shirts instead of hanging them
33. Whether or not pants are a gendered item of clothing
34. Who’s job it is to take the CSA box to the car
35. Whether to buy organic peanut butter or Jif
36. I dropped my veggie burger on the floor and wouldn’t let my girlfriend share hers with me because I wanted my own
37. An armpit hair. She didn’t want to let me just peek at a really long one.
38. My partner assumed that because I’m the one who carries a purse, she could always put things in it
39. Who would get to wear what costume for a group costume at DragonCon the next year
40. A random girl at a party was wearing a similar vest as my girlfriend
41. “You’re prettier than me!” “No way, you’re prettier than me!”
42. A list on Autostraddle
43. THIS SURVEY, RIGHT NOW