Hello Ye Impoverished Ones — because Autostraddle readers are essentially the best people on the entre internet, some people who cannot attend the first-ever A-Camp but who feel lucky to be able to afford it have stepped forward to express a desire to pay for one of YOU to go in their stead. Thus we have reserved some Camp Autostraddle spots for Sponsored Sapphists.
If you apply for an A-Camp Sponsorship, you must be capable of getting your ass to the campsite. Please do not apply for a scholarship if you’re unable to actually use it!
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Email laneia [at] autostraddle dot com, cc riese [at] autostraddle [dot] com with 400-1,000 words explaining why you deserve a camp scholarship! Please also let us know how old you are, where you’re from, and your tentative plans for getting to camp.
2) You may be responsible for providing your sponsor with delightful notes about how happy you are to go to camp and how much fun you’re having at camp with photographic evidence of such fun.
3) If you lie on your application, not only will “2″ be a constant reminder of your dishonesty, but furthermore your inherent guilt over lying about your financial desperation will haunt you for all of your days and cast a dark shadow over your otherwise sushiney Camp experience. Just keep that in mind.
4) If you didn’t have a chance to register before registration filled up, this is not a way to circumvent that! We’re doing our best to figure out how to get as many of you there as possible, and for sure there will be a waitlist and more info about that will come soon.
5) Please submit your application essay before bedtime on Tuesday, February 21st.