by Rachel and Hansen
Hello and welcome to this new thing we’re trying out where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and next week we’ll check in and talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we ate broccoli.
You’ve got a CSA box full of vegetables and you want to be the kind of person who prepares and consumes all of those vegetables, but sometimes that’s challenging. Here are 19 recipes to use up some of the weirdest vegetables at the bottom of your box!
1. Beet Greens (Beets)
Beet greens are actually one of the most delicious accidents I’ve ever come across. Lots of garlic and olive oil make them so, so delicious. I love them on their own, in salads or over other roasted veggies that may seem dry without a sauce or dressing (I see you acorn squash).
2. Pasta with Garlic Scape Pesto (Garlic Scapes)
3. Kohlrabi Kimchi Salad (Kohlrabi)
4. Sauteed Radishes and Turnips with Orange Butter (Radishes and/or Turnips)
5. Spicy Red-Pepper Jelly (Red Peppers)
6. Sausage and Pepper Pasta (Peppers, Tomatoes, Herbs)
This is one of my favorite things to eat in the history of ever.
7. Shaved Fennel Salad (Fennel)
8. Baked Radicchio and Mozzarella Pasta (Radicchio)
9. Grilled Radicchio Salad (Radicchio)
10. Kohlrabi Home Fries (Kohlrabi)
11. Kohlrabi and Apple Salad with Caraway (Kohlrabi and/or Apples)
Kohlrabi and apples are a match made in food heaven.
12. Salsify Fritters (Salsify)
13. Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Shredded Kohlrabi (Kohlrabi)
14. Balsamic Green Bean Salad (Green Beans)
15. Smoky Roasted Turnips (Turnips)
Okay, so obviously I’m most likely going to be too lazy to actually cook this in bacon grease but oh gosh, can you imagine how delicious that would be?