There’s a chance you’ve been made aware, at some point in the last 24 hours, that Michelle Barrow’s gynecologist found a ball of cat hair in her vagina. Yes, the latest episode of xojane’s infamous “It Happened to Me” series is a real classic and it’s taking the internet by storm. But Barrow’s tale is only one in a long tradition of women sharing really really disgusting stories about their bodies on the internet.
Here’s some, and please share links to your favorites or your very own gross story in the comments!
Oh and just a quick reminder: almost every gross thing that happens during sex is totally normal, please don’t freak out.
1. The Pumpkin Seed Story, by Becky for Jezebel (2010)
This won Jezebel’s most disgusting story of all time contest, because it is disgusting. If you’ve ever considered living on a diet of just pumpkin seeds for any extended period of time, as I’m sure so many of us do, this will definitely change your mind.
2. What Lies Beneath (Her Fingernails), by Effing Dykes for Autostraddle (2010)
The very true story of what happens when a vagina meets rhinestone-studded fingernails. A real lesbian sex horror story.
3. Ten Days In The Life of A Tampon, by Moe for Jezebel (2008)
This is not the first or the last time I’ve recommended this article to the readers of this website. It’s the best story ever told on the internet.
4. My Menstruating Vagina Stunk Up the Office, or the Most Embarrassing Thing To Ever Happen to Me, Like Ever, by Mandy for xojane (2013)
I think the silver lining to tales such as this is that working in an office that is almost entirely female means you can send a group e-mail like “My underwear almost knocked me out with the smell of a super heavy period that came on strong and suddenly” and everybody will enjoy it.
5. Wetlands (excerpt), by Charlotte Roche for Grove Atlantic (2009)
This is fiction but it has to be based on reality because what on earth. Anyhow, I actually had the non-pleasure of reading this book because Sam Anderson asked me to, and OH BOI. Did you want to hear about hemorrhoids and anal sex? GOOD NEWS YOU CAN.
6. Leaving a Mooncup In Too Long: A Horror Story via The Glow (2014)
I think the headline sums up the content pretty accurately.
7. Your Embarrassing Lesbian Sex Stories, by Carolyn for Autostraddle (2012)
There’s a serious lack of mortifying moments online referencing lesbian sex. So we took care of that. Or, really… you took care of that.