Whenever we publish a playlist on Autostraddle we invite everyone to submit their playlist requests to the team. Most requests are fairly standard (working out, studying, breaking up, etc), but then sometimes you weirdos ask for the cutest, funniest, most specific or most random things. I LOVE IT.
Playlists You Asked Us To Make
- a ‘covering up the sound of sex’ playlist
- a bad news relationship partner playlist
- a playlist that captures big, first-love feelings for your best friend
- a playlist for when she won’t say yes and she won’t say no, so you have to be the one to say no
- a playlist about bikes
- a playlist about sparrows
- a playlist to be hungover to
- a playlist so my brain doesn’t melt in the library
- a sexytime playlist that says ‘I listen to cool stuff that makes you want to kiss me’
- a playlist for doing art
- a ‘I better clean this apartment before my roommate kills me’ playlist
- a playlist for nights when it’s just you and you’re not getting any
- a playlist about being really into this girl, but not ready for ‘i love you, i want you forever’ songs
- a playlist for getting pumped on rugby game days
- a playlist for ‘I didn’t know you for long, but now I’m kind of in love with you. Thing is, you graduated and left the country. You never knew how much I liked you’
- a playlist for when you meet someone who seems so right for you that you feel like karma’s about to punch you in the face
- a playlist for being in love with a girl who’s most likely straight. I can only listen to so may Jenny Owen Youngs’ songs.
- an ‘Autostraddle loves Shakira’ playlist
- a playlist that isn’t about Shakira
Want to suggest a playlist theme? Hit me up on Formspring and someone of the team might make it for you.
Before you go! It takes funding to keep this publication by and for queer women and trans people of all genders running every day. And A+ members keep the majority of our site free for everyone. Still, 99.9% of our readers are not members. A+ membership starts at just $4/month. If you’re able to, will you join A+ and keep Autostraddle here and working for everyone?