Hello and welcome to this thing we’re doing where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and we’ll talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we ate a lot of bacon and butter.
Apples always make it feel like fall, even when it’s still one billion degrees outside. The following apple recipes are sweet, savory, good for you and not. (Not sure what apples to use for what type of recipe? The Kitchn has guides to the best apples for cooking, for baking and for munching.)
1. Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
2. Blackberry Applesauce
3. Cinnamon-Roasted Apples with Pecans and Ice Cream
4. Sweet and Savory Grilled Cheese
5. Shaved Vegetable Salad with Apples and Lemon Tahini Dressing
6. Kale, Apple and Butternut Squash Salad
7. Farmhouse Farro Salad
8. Green Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Pepitas
9. Roasted Acorn Squash and Apple Soup
10. Apple and Fennel Soup
11. Ginger Apple Pumpkin Soup
12. Apple Spice Breakfast Soup
13. Baked Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
14. Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam and Parfait
15. Caramel Apple Spice Waffles (Gluten-Free)
16. Apple Pancakes
17. Beer Crepes with Beer Caramelized Apples
18. Apple Cheddar Muffins
19. Apple Cinnamon Pop Tarts
20. Apple Damn Sandwich
21. Apple Cheddar Scones
22. Apple Pie Bites
These are raw, and vegan!
23. Apple Galette with Brown Butter
24. Caramel Apple Cookies
25. Apple Fritters
26. Caramel Apple Brown Ale Cake
27. Hot Spiced Apple Cider
28. Irish Apple Beer Cake
29. Spiced Apple Walnut Goat Cheese Cupcakes
30. Apple Spice Coffee Cake (Gluten- and Grain-Free)
31. Apple Skillet Cake
32. Beer Soaked Apple Pie with Cheddar Beer Crust
Yum! First coconut, now apple. Carolyn, you’re really coming home with the goods! <3
Perfect timing as always! I went apple picking yesterday and now have more apples than I really know what to do with. Hooray for new ideas!
I am not an apple fan, but some of these look amaaaaazing.
The secret truth of apple recipes is that some of them also work well with pears. Pear pancakes! Pear skillet cake! (I’m guessing.) Etc.
I am definitely going to make the caramel apple cookies for the office! Thanks!
These all look amazing. I made the grilled cheese for dinner, only (in an extremely rare fit of culinary inspiration) I fried the apple slices in butter and cinnamon first, used gjetost (Norwegian caramelized goat cheese) for the cheese, and paired it with butternut squash soup for dipping.
…It would have been divine, if I hadn’t burnt the bread. :(
can I ask how do you pronounce ‘gjetost’ ? Can you compare it any other cheese re: taste/texture?
I’m not actually sure how to pronounce it but I saw “gay toast” as a suggestion so I’m gonna go with that.
Texture-wise, it’s very smooth and almost fudgy? Like a really soft cheddar. It’s also a dark caramel brown colour, which adds to the fudge impression. The taste is definitely goaty but with sweeter undertones than regular goat cheese. I wasn’t sure what to make of it at first, but it has grown on me.
Apple cheddar muffins! Three of my favorite things made into one thing!!
This is my first comment – hi, everyone :-)
It’s almost a week since this was posted, but I have apple recipe knowledge I need to drop because my religion is food.
Apple chips are your baking addition BFF
Muffins. breads, rolls just envelope those chips in dat dough.
There a very simple multi-serving traditional pancake way to do an apple pancake. (Not the baked in a pan one isn’t adorable and perfect for a lazy Sunday.)
– Peel a granny smith apple
– attack it with cheese grater
– dump the gratings in your pancake batter
– throughly stir them in with how ever much cinnamon and nutmeg you want
– spoon batter on to your standard prepared pancake cooking thingy
– closely monitor them cause they’re kinda thick and don’t bubble like regular pancakes.
Awesome! Just what I’ve been looking for! One ‘lil note- the link to #17 is broken… It needs one more /! Right between the .com and 2014 :) http://thebeeroness.com/2014/05/12/beer-crepes-beer-caramelized-apples/