Do you want to see some abs and some butts today? Well, you are in luck! ESPN has released photos of the superstar athletes who will appear in/on the covers of ESPN The Magazine‘s seventh annual Body Issue. If you’re unfamiliar, The Body Issue is all about naked athletes being naked. It’s different from Sports Illustrated‘s Swimsuit Issue because the naked people are showcasing impressive displays of athleticism and not, like, covering their nipples with the tips of canoe oars or hiding coyly behind palm fronds. It’s pretty damn empowering. Also, it’s just damn pretty.
These are the Top 10 Nice Things To Look At that ESPN has shown us so far.
1. LPGA superstar Sadena Parks
2. USA Track & Field hammer thrower Amanda Bingson
3. 12-time Olympic medalist Natalie Anne Coughlin
4. WNBA all-star Brittney Griner
5. WORLD CUP WINNER Ali Krieger
6. Gold medal-winning gymnast Aly Raisman
7. Women’s national field hockey team forward Paige Selenski
8. Olympic archer Khatuna Lorig
9. Olympic heptathlete Chantae McMillan
10. Professional skateboarder Leticia Bufoni
Bonus: This cat and this lion who are best friends
They are not in The Body Issue, but they also deserve to be celebrated and loved. Not everyone can be an Olympian.
Before you go! It takes funding to keep this publication by and for queer women and trans people of all genders running every day. We will never put our site behind a paywall because we know how important it is to keep Autostraddle free. But that means we rely on the support of our A+ Members. Still, 99.9% of our readers are not members. A+ membership starts at just $4/month. If you’re able to, will you join A+ and keep Autostraddle here and working for everyone?