On our massive Lesbian Sex Survey (open to all women who have sex with other women) we asked you “what is the weirdest place you’ve had sex?” and nearly 7,000 of you gave us the details on your experiences in dressing rooms, bathrooms, parking lots and wooded areas all over the universe!
While putting together a listling of the weirdest places you’ve had sex and compiling numbers about where you’ve had sex for a post devoted to that topic, I gradually realized another listling opportunity was right there in my open fists — the queerest, gayest, most yes homo, most yes queen, most super-special-snowflake places you’ve gotten it on. Shall we?
The 100 Gayest Places You’ve Had Sex
1. In the crowd at a Pride Festival
2. The back of a Jeep next to a beaver pond. That’s right. Beaver. Pond. A pond with an entire family of beavers in it.
3. The back of a U-Haul. It was not in motion.
4. In front of the Smith College Library in a hurricane
5. My ex-boyfriend’s house with my new girlfriend
6. A nunnery tower
7. The can yard at a recycling plant
8. The office of LGBT Affairs
9. On a table filled with crafts….at A-Camp
10. An open field during a folk festival
11. In an upstairs room at the SPCA after looking at puppies with my girlfriend
12. A busy supermarket parking lot near our donor’s house — the fresher the sperm the better right?
13. The shed of our community garden
14. In my ex-girlfriend’s bed, but not with her…
15. The back of a Prius on Mt. Feelings
16. Home Depot
17. The Hampshire College Senior Project Platform Treehouse
18. Army Boot Camp female showers in Afghanistan
19. Finney Chapel, Oberlin College
20. An alcove of an apartment building on Castro Street in San Francisco
21. On the floor of a rave while doing tantric yoga
22. In the bush
23. My college’s Gay-Straight Alliance office
24. In my sorority house. With my sorority sister. During initiation.
25. Girlfriend’s parents’ closet (and we were both in the closet at the time so that’s why it was weird)
26. In a stairwell of a co-op house
27. In the middle of a rugby pitch at night
28. Under an apple tree next to a carpark full of nuns
29. At a Miley Cyrus concert
30. In a jail cell while visiting my girlfriend (she’s a cop)
31. The Mount Holyoke Amphitheater and several places in the library
33. During The Rocky Horror Picture Show (“Toucha Toucha Touch Me”)
34. The Catholic liturgy section (surprisingly unintentional) of Neilson Library at Smith College.
35. On the ferry to Fire Island
36. In the pit at an Otep show
37. On the conference table of The Seattle Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce with a girl I’d just met.
38. When we were on our way to Brighton she pulled up in a car park which had “dyke” in the name. It had to be done.
39. Pitchers mound on a baseball diamond at a softball tournament
40. The basement of a bike shop
41. Underneath a table (the pulpit) in a chapel. Specifically, the chapel belonging to my former All-Girls Catholic middle school.
42. Against a fence outside of the Wildrose in Seattle
43. In a cob house built on a queer farm with a straight girl
44. On a bus surrounded by people on the way to a protest
45. Burning Man strap-on-a-thon
46. While riding a power sander at a job site
47. Her boyfriend’s house
48. Bathroom stall at a 90’s prom after asking her into the stall “to borrow a tampon”
49. The back of a Suburu Forester
50. Girl Scout Camp on the grounds of a Catholic Church
51. The bathroom of a homophobic cult/restaurant
52. Klub Deer
53. In the bed of her ex’s truck
54. In a memorial garden under a statue of the Virgin Mary. If I wasn’t already on the way to hell…
55. In the bathroom at Stonewall Inn
56. My front garden (that’s not an euphemism btw)
57. Dolly Parton concert, while sitting in the audience
58. A gender-neutral bathroom in my college’s science building
59. The bathroom at the Lex? Jk everyone has sex there
60. Second-hand bookstore, amongst a collection of vintage women’s weekly magazines
61. In the front row of a Broadway show
62. On my Women’s Studies professor’s desk (not with her)
63. In a dressing room while prom dress shopping with my girlfriend at the time
64. In a bookstore in downtown Montreal
65. The bathroom of a lesbian-friendly Strip Club
66. At a Pagan shrine in Ireland
67. In a very small very messy bathroom with a cat nearby and parents in the other room with no lock on the door
68. Walk-in cooler at a vegan restaurant
69. A tent at Coachella
70. Dolores Park
71. On a ranch, in the homophobic ranch owners shower
72. UCLA’s botanical gardens
73. Library of Congress subclass HQ, 4th floor, Mudd Library, Oberlin College. Ohio is a pretty weird place in general to have sex.
74. The breastfeeding room at the mall
75. In a yurt tent in the French Haut-Savoie
76. Rodeo bathroom stall
77. On route 17 driving from Santa Cruz back to SF. She was driving with one hand down my cutoff shorts. SO DANGEROUS and SO HOT. And completely successful might I add.
78. The photo booth at a gay bar
79. Back seat of my car in the parking lot of a sports bar during a Denver Broncos game
80. On a charter bus full of Rollergirls
81. I’ve had so much sex in the woods/outdoors that I no longer consider it a weird way to have sex….. shout out to A-Camp, yo.
82. In the office of the LGBT group I belonged to in college
83. Club bathroom at The Crib in San Francisco! Oh, to be wasted, underage, and unapologetic.
84. On top of a climbing tower, wearing harnesses
85. On the sidewalk in Palm Springs, in the middle of the day. Sober.
86. The Women’s Resource Center
87. On a yoga mat, outside
88. Standing up against the back wall of a small unlit stage in the middle of the playa during Burning Man… while someone apparently circled around on a bike
89. In/on a tractor…yeehaw y’all!
90. In the backseat of a mini-van at Lilith Fair
91. On a moving motorcycle, while dressed as Buzz Lightyear (gogo boots, green and purple tutus, and blow up wings), being fingered alternately by the driver and another who kept pace beside us on our way home from a strip club in Key West.
92. On a golf course
93. Dont laugh: a fishmonger.
94. The YWCA Parking Lot
95. In the stands of a racetrack while a horse race was happening
96. In a closet (We barely got through it, we were laughing too damn hard)
97. On a public sidewalk during a punk rock block party all day festival
98. Inside a confessional at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
99. In a classroom at UC Berkeley
100. In the car at a drive in. At a Harry Potter movie. The shame.