Feature image via noh8campaign.com
Gamergate has brought into sharp focus the violently misogynistic underbelly of some parts of of nerd and gaming culture. Our own Laura wrote the best thing on the internet about it, but this righteously furious post by NFL star Chris Kluwe is pretty good too. Kluwe has been playing games for 26 years, and he believes Gamergate is bad for women, bad for journalism, and bad for games. Gamergaters, he writes, “display a lack of knowledge stunning in its scope, a fundamental disregard of history and human nature so pronounced that makes me wonder if lead paint is a key component of your diet.” So he went full Shakespeare on their asses. Here, without commentary, is a list of every label Mr. Kluwe applied to Gamergaters. Let’s revel in it together, then find poignant moments in our real lives to use these against the people who deserve them.
3. Blithering collection of wannabe Wikipedia philosophers, drunk on your own buzzwords, incapable of forming an original thought.
4. Angry neckbeards
5. Paint-huffing shitgoblins
6. Slopebrowed weaseldicks with zero reading comprehension and even less critical thinking skills
7. Basement-dwelling, cheetos-huffing, poopsock-sniffing douchepistols
8. Slackjawed pickletits
9. Hemorrhoidal gunt stains
10. FUCKING DUMB
11. Pestilent little toads
12. Too busy wargleblargling your face into your keyboard
13. Misogynistic mouthbreathers who get off on making rape threats against women as part of your “movement”
14. Fucking misogynistic creeps