Once upon a time (last week) we were 99% positive that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson were dating and The Daily Fail noticed and wrote about it (citing us) and then the mainstream media caught on, ET Online allegedly found somebody to confirm it, and the entire mass media had chance to weigh in (not citing us). Something about this pairing, the age difference, and the actresses in it are bringing out some really special responses — some from lesbians, some from straight people, and some from Two and Half Men fandom.
Here are bits from some of those comments, ripped mercilessly out of context for your viewing enjoyment.
1. I would like to see Holland Taylor(Evelyn Harper) with her own comedy show & Conchata Ferrell(Berta)
2. I didn’t know either was gay. I don’t really keep up with that sort of thing. Just TV shows and movies.
3. Holland and Sarah are both such elegant women one can definitely see what they see in each other…I loved Holland in L Word…I can imagine the quintessential New York lifestyle…the theatre, the art galleries
4. “Let’s see how cute it is in 10 or 15 years…”
[same commenter, a few minutes later]
“So many ifs”
5. Holland Taylor, the older lady was the mother on Two and a half Men. She was hilarious on the show!
6. Just wonder what Charlie thinks about it…that would be an interesting 2 1/2 men episode…
7. Don’t use the word GUSHING when talking bout these clam diggers…
8. I’m in shock i mean literally.
9. Shame on those that say their relationship is disgusting. Love is about more than sex. Grow up.
10. They look like mother and daughter. It is their business, of course, but they do not seem that they’d have anything in common.
11. This couple is very cute, but I think I squeed a bit more over Lin-Manuel. Just a weird, ‘me’ personal thing *Sigh* The man is too adorable.
12. I’m jealous. I wanted to date Holland Taylor. But … mazel tov.
13. Lol, gross. One of them is going to die soon.
14. Are they related to Casper the ghost. Yikes!!!!
15. Finally! A contemporary celebrity couple to care about and cheer on. Nice, fun article but… “dating” doesn’t seem the appropriate word for what’s going on between these two. This is a forever kind of love, methinks. A serious, solid, joyful coupling.
16. like wine, the older you get, the tastier you become
17. What!!? You go gurl. Cougar, meow. Love them both.
18. She’s in her seventies. BTW anybody who needs to put down any person with the word ‘yuck’ must have some serious mental issues. So sorry for you not getting any lately but you seriously need some hormones.
19. Who? and Who???
20. Taylor was fantastic as the realtor Mom in Two and a Half Men. Loved her and Bertha’s characters. When her show’s grandson asked her to take him to Disneyland she answered, “No, Dear. Grandmama doesn’t do Anaheim”.
21. “It’s me, Lana Banana”
22. Did you not read the comments on Mary Kate Ashley and her new husband, whatever his name is…
23. They could do it around her real-estate maybe like a camera crew follows her around some time, like Million dollar listing L.A.
24. I think the hardest thing for a young lesbian is getting older women to take interest in you. Sarah Paulson, I bow my hat to you.
25. I may be straight, but I’m totally jealous. SP is an incredible actress and soooo freaking gorgeous! You can feel their happiness; joy is contagious! Warm fuzzies for the rest of the night!
26. I’m sure if it were a 72-year-old dude and a 40-year-old chick, heads would be rolling, but no, in this case it’s ‘cute’ because gay is the new black. Say anything to the contrary then prepare to have your life ruined by George Takei and his minions.
27. Leave them alone. On another note, Holland looks absolutely stunning.
28. She was awesome in Bosom Buddies!!! Remember back when they played the ENTIRE song for the opening credits…. and commercial breaks lasted 60 seconds….
29. my neighbor’s mother-in-law Jane A. Flynn makes $63 every hour on the laptop . She has been out of work for 7 months but last month her pay check was $16646 just working on the laptop for a few hours. hop over to this web-site….