Getting a jump-start on filling our cursed Sundays with blessed lesbian content, our friends at Showtime dropped their third teaser for “The L Word: Generation Q,” which debuts December 8th, 2019.
Featuring cast members Jennifer Beals (Bette), Leisha Hailey (Alice), Kate Moennig (Shane), Arienne Mandi (Dani Nunez), Leo Sheng (Micah Lee), Jacqueline Toboni (Sarah Finley), Rosanny Zayas (Sophie Suarez) addressing the camera directly from a very blue room (probs inspired by the sky and/or ocean), the trailer emphasizes the progress made from the original to the reboot, namely that our communities include lesbians but also people who identify as other things. However, at the end, all the cast members come together in the Blue Place to make an “L” gesture with their hands. A series of identities are listed, notable for their inclusion of “tops, bottoms and verses” so I guess they are using “verse” and not “switch.” Interesting.
New footage in this trailer we haven’t seen before
- Dani going down on her girlfriend Sophie
- Dani working with Bette’s assistant Pierce Williams (Brian Michael Smith), so therefore Dani must also be working with Bette
- Finley and Sophie in an empty church on an empty pew together, with Sophie laughing while Finley makes the sign of the cross, which means she’s probably not Jewish, but also we already knew that ’cause Finley has been described as coming from a conservative Christian background
- Bette swiveling around in her chair and saying, “Hello again,” wearing the shirt she is wearing in the scenes we’ve seen in other trailers where she’s hooking up with a guest character played by Lex Scott Davis
- Shane, Bette and Alice eating a really funny salad
- Finley hooking up with somebody with long dark hair who is wearing a nice bralette. Also I like Finley’s shirt. Drew thinks the girl with the long dark hair is Olivia Thirlby’s character.
- Micah wearing a polo shirt laughing in a chair
Well, gird your loins because the big premiere is only two months away!