Today on Autostraddle: AMAZING interview — Stef-on-Hesta Prynn about her new solo project (Sara Quin is “A&R’ing” on it!) Hesta’s band Northern State toured with Tegan & Sara last year, which is reason 450 on the list of why Gay Ladies Love Northern State. Reason #1 is that Hesta’s new project is kickass and will blow your boy-briefs right off your lesbian ass, and obvs Northern State has been consistently kickass for many many years.
Northern State w/Rufus, Tegan & Sara on Pancake Mountain:
1. Linday Lohan’s “Labor Pains” will debut on ABC Family this summer. I think it’s time they change their channel name to ABC Family Planning as they seem obsessed with pregnancy. Cheryl Hines and Janeane Garafalo also star in the film, which is about a woman who has to fake pregnancy to keep her job, otherwise known as The Daniela Sea Story. (@variety)
Here’s the trailer:
2. Bitch magazine visits the backyard queer party GAYbiGAYGAY at SXSW, takes amazing photos of drag queens and etc: GaybiGAYGAY, y’all! (@bitch)
3. Coming out of the Closet – at Gunpoint (@newsweek) (thanks to Marya for the tip)
4. Wanna know how much money Joe Solmonese makes for emailing you eight days a week? The Washington Blade has released a survey on the compensation paid to those leading 30 LGBT and AIDS organizations. Pam’s House Blend takes a look.
5. Gay Rights VICTORY in Delaware! (@the advocate)
6. Lady Sovereign’s new video for “So Human,” via girlfriend is a homo:
We’ve been toying around with ideas for a fashion component to this site, but until then I’ll try to add some cool style links to the daily fix. Jump start your spring/summer wardrobe with these killer Sebago Docksiders designed by Vane New York. They are opening their Lower East Side pop-up shop today, but you can order them on the Sebago website as well. Act fast — they only made 360 pairs of each of the 4 designs (check out the look book here). (@coolhunting)
How to make a bike bag thingy (a pannier? Is that the word?) from recycled stuff for less than $10. (@brooklyn by bike)