feature image via shutterstock
1. Going to the first week of class with no supplies and still being more prepared half the people there
2. You never sleep enough, but you also sleep too much
3. Checking out a different book for a different 15 page paper every day in one week doesn’t seem like a huge thing anymore
4. What is school spirit? Get me out of this place
5. Crying about your senior thesis.
6. I could skip class… but I really need that recommendation
7. Participating in class without reading the book: “Finally. I figured out college.”
8. Realizing you still have 3 general education requirements you haven’t taken because you didn’t wanna be in class with first years…and yet here you are
9. Taking “Beginning Jogging” as a course because you need to fill up your schedule so you can get financial aid
10. Getting a C in “Beginning Jogging” because you forgot that it meant actually jogging for an hour three times a week
11. Spiking your coffee during your all-nighters
12. Freaking out about all the new hot girls on campus
13. Realizing all he hot girls on campus are actually first years and feeling really uncomfortable about that fact
14. Crying about grad school
15. Crying about *~*A JOB*~*
16. Not actually wanting to talk to 18 year olds, but making friends with first years because they still have a meal plan
17. Thinking about how excited you are to finish school just to start school somewhere else
18. Wow I’m so stressed!
19. Nostalgia for dining hall fried chicken and mac and cheese Wednesdays
20. My final form: I’ve worn these sweatpants 3 days in a row. Fight me
21. Trying not to cry in your advisor’s office
22. Every weekend: “I have worked SO hard. I deserve this break from work”
23. Finishing your senior thesis!
24. Becoming a master of the art of waking up early to finish assignments
25. Feeling old in terms of college, but like an infant in terms of the world
26. Cats have officially become more important than all schoolwork
27. Crying as you cut down your 40 page senior thesis to a 15 minute poster-presentation
28. “I AM SO BUSY!!!!!!!!” *scrolls tumblr for approximately 27 hours a day*
29. Realizing that you haven’t had class in half the buildings on campus
30. Looking forward to eating alone
31. Feeling bittersweet when you register for your last semester
32. Debating whether or not to actually walk across the stage because the cap and gown costs HOW MUCH???
33. Probably crying some more
34. Drinking in between classes at the bar on campus doesn’t seem like such a big deal anymore
35. Avoiding talking to that cute girl because you’re just gonna move in a year anyway
36. A year long feeling of excitement/existential dread about the Future
37. Going to homecoming for the first time and realizing why you’d never gone before
38. Not knowing if your mom expects you to schedule your own doctor’s appointments now that you’re an Adult (and freaking out)
39. Debating wearing a romper with a blazer to a job interview and realizing just how pathetic your “professional wardrobe” really is.
40. Feeling glad, but sad; scared, but ready all the time, all at the same time