It’s almost Autostraddle’s own Babe-B-Q weekend! We’ll be hanging out with each other August 15 and 16 to grill up a storm, and everyone’s invited! We’ll also be guiding you through the process of grilling up said storm and getting prepared for the big event all week. You can view all Babe-B-Q posts here.
Much like its introverted indoor cousin, the crock pot, an outdoor grill can cook a whole lot of unexpected stuff beyond hot dogs and hamburgers and tofu steaks. Not to hate on quintessential BBQ foods, of course, but your grill can do so much more than you think. Whether you’re camping or backyard barbecuing or just trying to avoid stove cooking on a hot day, here are some weird and wonderful things that you can make on a grill!
1. French Toast Fruit Kabobs
2. Plankies (Twinkies, Nutella, Marshmallows, and Toffee!!!)
3. Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
4. Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Glazed Pineapple
5. Bacon Blue Cheese Dogs with Samuel Adams BBQ Sauce
6. Grilled Polenta and Eggplant with Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO and Traditional Balsamic
7. Grilled PBB & J
8. Grilled Watermelon with Balsamic Dressing
9. Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley Butter
10. Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwich
11. Sweet N’ Spicy Grilled Salmon Fish Tacos
12. Grilled Kale
13. Grilled Caprese Naan Pizza
14. Chocolate and Marshmallow Stuffed BBQ Bananas
15. Grilled Clams with White Wine Butter Smoked Paprika Sauce
16. Cupcakes Grilled in an Orange
17. The Ultimate Quesadilla
18. Grilled Caesar Salad with Chicken and Shrimp
19. Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookies
20. Grilled Spaghetti
21. Smoke Grilled Onion Soup
22. Grilled Hot Fudge Sundae Donuts
23. Chicken Pot Pie on the Grill
24. Triple Berry Crumble on the Grill
25. Spicy BBQ Chicken Tostadas
26. Grill Roasted Bacon and Scallion Muffins
27. Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
28. Chocolate Cherry Ricotta Grilled Pizzas
29. Popcorn on the Grill
30. Piri-Piri Chicken
31. Campfire Grilled S’mores Calzones
32. BBQ Chicken Mac n’ Cheese Pizza
33. Grilled Fresh Garlic & Herb Potatoes
34. Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers with Blueberry Glaze
35. Grilled Guacamole
36. Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
37. Grilled Cream Cheese Wontons
38. Grilled Egg (in a Pepper)
39. Grilled Lemonade
It’s 9:20am and I suddenly want to fire up the grill? MY BRAIN IS CONFUSED, MY HEART IS CLEAR.
It’s never too early! I really want to try breakfast grilling at home. I’ve had grilled toast and such while camping in the great outdoors, but not at home. Love the french toast skewers idea!
I just grilled chicken skewers last night with this ginger/garlic/coriander/garam masala marinade and then made a creamy tomato and fenugreek dipping sauce for them and now I am seriously inspired to grill all the things. BURNT CRISPY EDGES FOR LIFE. I can’t wait to work my way through this entire article.
YUM. Take pictures. Report back. Grilled food just tastes better! I love pizza on the grill. #burnt #turnt
I absolutely love cooking on my grill and do it as much as I can during the summer. Basically any kind of meat I’d be cooking in the oven or on the stove in the winter gets cooked on the grill in the summer. Also pizza cooked on the grill is by far the best pizza you can make at home without one of those huge pizza ovens. :D
Sitting at work drooling over the thought of a grilled pizza. Oh god I want one so bad.
28 looks incredible. These ALL look incredible.
Chocolate. Cherries. Ricotta. ON A GRILL. I’m into it.
FRENCH TOAST KABOBS!?!?
WhoA, grill game strong.
This is probably my favorite recipe post y’all have ever done.
WOAH. High praise!
Try grilling radicchio and then drizzle it with a balsamic reduction… so good