Okay, so I’ve watched St. Vincent’s “New York” a million times. It’s so good! Annie Clark takes things I think I’d never wear in a million years and suddenly, I need them — and so, I’ve tracked down how to recreate every outfit in the video.
At least for Halloween, when we can try out alternate versions of ourselves, this is my new look. And maybe yours, too!
Oh Annie, your details! This luminous look includes:
• A sheer white coat (this one will look way cooler unbuttoned and casually draped over your shoulders, obvs).
• A classic spaghetti strap top.
• Sleek, shiny leggings.
• Soft, spiraling earrings.
• A clear dome umbrella.
• Some very ’80s blue eyeshadow and matching nail polish.
Glam Jumpsuit Witch
Where in god’s name did you find a jumpsuit with those queen bitch sleeves? Who is your designer, girl? Here’s how to look this bad in black:
Classic SV, bringing back the single glove in singular fashion. Shine similarly in that lip color from above, as well as:
Swan not included. (Or recommended — they can be mean!)
Check out our Annie, perched casually like 100 feet above NYC. Maybe don’t try that bit at home, but definitely try this look with:
Pretty in Polka Dots
Of the entire video, I think I like this look the best. Here are the components:
• A sheer, Swiss-dotted bodysuit (straight size here, plus size here).
• Matching tights.
• A simple bandeau top and panties.
• A voluminous dotted necklace.
• Bright orange lipstick.
• Probably those same black heels from the jumpsuit look. You know, if you’re into wearing shoes.
Green Jacket Goddess
I’m green with envy over this one. Here’s what you’ll need to recreate it:
Rowr! Get Annie’s Astor Place Cube captive look with these:
Pink Velour Shopper
Oops, I just became obsessed with pink velvet lingerie sets! Here’s how to shop in style like SV:
Ahh yes, the inevitable post-breakup planting sesh. Pick up these pieces and get familiar:
• A shiny, sculptural bodysuit.
• Sheer black tights.
• Fake daisies to glue to said tights, if you’re really committed.
• Square-ish silver post earrings.
• Remember those black heels up there ^^^?
• What about that red lipstick and nail polish?
• Or that blue 1980s shadow? Just a tiny touch of that.
Dressing up? Dancing? Crying? All of my favorite party activities. This ensemble will see you through them:
I did say every outfit.
What’s your favorite look from “New York”?