Title: A+ Program Director
Classification: Hourly (15-20 hrs/week)
Pay: $25/hour (taxed wages) + $1k bonus after first 30 days + $1k bonus for every prescribed 500-member milestone is reached (e.g., $1k bonus after we get to 4k members, $1k after we get to 4500, etc.)
Deadline to Apply: October 15, 2019
Autostraddle.com is the world’s leading website for LGBTQ women and non-binary people, with a monthly readership of over 3 million. Our mission is to provide an intelligent, hilarious and provocative voice and progressively feminist community to multiple generations of LGBTQ women and other trans people.
The A+ Program Director is responsible for building, maintaining and growing Autostraddle’s A+ program and its membership base. Women and non-binary people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Plan and organize fundraising strategies and campaigns to meet or exceed defined membership goals
- Pack and ship physical A+ perks to members, order supplies and maintain perks inventory
- Reach out to and develop relationships with like-minded businesses to offer discounts, giveaways, perks and other opportunities to A+ members.
- Work with Senior Staff to execute non-A+-related periodic fundraising drives as needed
- Track A+ membership sign-ups and present related data on a quarterly basis to the team
- Work with editorial team to develop premium A+ content and solicit content from outside writers and influencers and project manage recurring monthly A+ posts (Into the Advice Box, SATSQ, A+ Insider)
- Help Autostraddle build deeper and more meaningful relationships with members
- Develop procedures for gifting A+ memberships
- Conduct audience surveys and delegate or perform ensuing data analysis to ensure best practices for outreach and development
- Manage customer service for subscribers — troubleshooting account or swag issues, etc.
- Consult with Design Director and Senior Editors on physical perk development (t-shirts, bags, pins, stickers, etc) and visual elements of the A+ program
The ideal candidate will be an effective, clear and flexible communicator (written and verbal) able to create partnerships and build relationships within and outside of the organization. An energetic team player with an eye for detail and the ability to work independently, you will be passionate about queer community, intersectional feminism and the survival of independent media, with a particular eye on making our programs accessible to BIPOC communities. You will be a deft project manager capable of meeting high-pressure deadlines and writing compelling, inspirational copy.
- 1+ years experience in digital fundraising, e-mail marketing and customer service
- Experience researching and writing fundraising and marketing copy.
- A track record of innovative and creative project management and initiation
- Experience using social media as a professional tool
- Airtable, WordPress, Google Analytics and online packing/shipping experience are a plus
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with troubleshooting issues for clients
- $25/hour plus $1k bonus after first 30 days of work + $1k bonus for every 1k membership milestone reached (e.g., $1k when we hit 4k active paid members, $1k when we hit 5k active paid members, etc.)
- If your workload turns out to consistently require 20 or more hours a week of work, contract will be re-negotiated, including the potential addition of health insurance benefits in March 2020
- Flexible scheduling, ability to set your own hours
- Unlimited time off as long as work is accomplished, including two weeks paid vacation
Submit via Airtable form, which is also embedded below.