feature image photo by Emma McIntyre / Staff via Getty Images

Bisexual baddie Lili Reinhart has been on a press tour for her new film, The Love Hypothesis, and I’ve been really enjoying her interviews. The film seems to be the CLASSIC fake dating trope come to life — in fact, the book it’s based on started as Star Wars fanfic! — and despite the movie being seemingly extremely heterosexual, on this tour, she has been quick to remind interviewers and fans that she’s queer. She has also said she hopes in her next project is gay. (Fingers crossed!)

In one video interview she says, “I’m instantly way more interested in doing a movie if my character is a little gay,” she continued. “Because I’m a little gay.” She also reads a comment about being one of “the five pillars of bisexuality with preference to women” and she called it an honor.

In that same interview, she also mentioned that she’s trying to get a film adaptation of a lesbian vampire novella made but that Hollywood seems “too afraid” to make it. She also wonders aloud who WOULDN’T want to make it, a sentiment I agree with. The general assumption people have been making is that it would be an adaptation of the 1872 novella Carmilla, which the popular webseries starring Natasha Negovanlis and Elise Bauman was based on, and I think that would be fun if true. I personally think there can’t be too many adaptations of that novella. The gayer the better. In fact, I just read Hungerstone by Kat Dunn, which is one of a few retellings of that novella and offers a very different take than the webseries.

I, for one, am delighted that Lili keeps making her press tour about a heterosexual love story as queer as she can, and I’m glad she’s using it to pitch her idea. I really hope someone with the means is paying attention and can pick it up and let her run with it.

In my opinion, there’s no such thing as too many lesbian vampire adaptations in general. When is someone going to make a Bury Our Bones in the Midnight Soil miniseries? A movie version of A Long Time Dead, anyone? Let’s get all the lesbian vampires out here while we’re at it. Tis the season!

You can watch the full video interview here.


More Gay News For You

+ News that blew up one of my personal group chats: Florence Pugh is going to play identical twins in upcoming film Cassandra at the Wedding, one of whom is GAY

+ The medical drama about a doctor with amnesia, Doc, is back with it the main character’s lesbian therapist best friend Gina

+ Canadian national-park-crime drama Anna Pigeon features two characters, Frieda and Christina, who seem to be getting a little cozier as the season goes on

+ Kylie Minogue performed with G-Flip and some rainbow-clad dancers at the 2026 AFL Grand Final (Also my Australian friend wanted you to know that Kylie also kissed G-Flip‘s “Kylie thinks I’m cute” tattoo

+ Madonna, Ariana Grande, Cardi B (ft. Kehlani), and Olivia Rodrigo, were among the winners of last night’s VMAs

+ Queer Olympian Amber Glenn might be partnered with a man on this season of Dancing with the Stars, but she’s still gaying it up when she can; she danced a tango to All the Things She Said this week

+ Singer Paula Cole talks about coming out as bisexual and feeling seen by Melissa Etheridge

+ Sophia Bush talks about her new blended family and being a bonus third mom to Ashlyn Harris’s kids

+ Dakota Johnson talks about getting to make out with her co-stars, including Anne Hathaway

+ Real Housewives of New York has added a queer stoner housewife to the mix