Hey hey hey! Not a bad day to be gay! Also, it’s TV with Carlytron Time! Read it here & now!
Speaking of TEEVEE TIME: Showtime will not be picking up L Word spinoff “The Farm.” If you want to read sections of the pilot script just for the hell of it, I posted them back in December, read those here. (@variety)
“In a unanimous ruling issued Friday, the court upheld a 2007 Polk County District Court judge’s ruling that the law was unconstitutional. The case stems from a 2005 lawsuit filed by Lambda Legal, a New York-based gay-rights organization. The group filed a lawsuit on behalf of six gay and lesbian Iowa couples who were denied marriage licenses.”
2. In addition to endless access to fancy meatballs and banks, here’s another reason to date a Swedish girl: totes legal to marry the hell out of that woman!. (@nytimes)
3. Don’t get too excited. Today in genocidal, evil, vile, disgusting and inhumane douchebaggery: Iraqi Gays Sentenced to Death for Their Sexuality Face Execution (@ukgaynews)
4. Star Jones and Rosie O’Donnell to Have Lunch Together With the Highest Bidder. Please someone buy this for us, and report back. (@perez revenge)
5. Beth Ditto is reportedly unhappy with her cover picture on this month’s OUT magazine. I am reportedly unhappy with her cover story title: “Big Love.”
6. I know this seems like a shameless plug, ’cause it’s for like, my other girlfriend Jessica Biel, but I would totally put this up even if she didn’t come over every night and give me a back massage. ‘Cause like regardless of how I feel about her? Or what it’s like when we’re together? She’s just really smokin’ hot talented:
7. Ha-ha! Ann Coulter fell for an April Fool’s Day story, wrote an outraged column about Obama’s alleged declaration that GM and Chrysler’s participation in NASCAR is an unnecessary expenditure. Obvs he didn’t say that. But AC looooves to talk about the JiHad. Hahahahaha Ann Coulter you suck! I’ll run you over with my go-cart! (@huffpo)
8. Out lesbian Wanda Sykes is getting her own Talk Show! (@shewired)
from Crystal: I’m not a huge fan of April Fools jokes, but Nine Inch Nails had me going for a few minutes with the announcement of their new album, ‘Strobe Light’. If you’re a NIN fan, the track listings and album cover, featuring Trent Reznor in Kanye-style shades, could be worth a quick look.
from Stef: DUUUUUUDE. Lady Gaga is officially the first artist of the 21st cetury to score two #1 singles on the Billboard Top 100 chart (“Just Dance” and “Poker Face”). The last person to do this was Christina Aguilera in 1999 with “Genie in the Bottle” and “What A Girl Wants.” Only two other women have accomplished this feat in the last 25 years – Madonna and Tiffany. Girl is KILLING IT OMG.