Let’s just get together and take care of these things being said by the peoples. So many feelings, all over the world wide web!
- In the Miami Herald – The L Word ends with a deadly sixth season, Mia Kirshner: “The dog incident was just outrageous. To this day, I don’t understand why we needed to do that. It got to the point where it was like, can I lose my job if I refuse to do this scene?”
- NY Times has a really solid article about The L Word: If you have ever been made to explain any of the lunacy-revealing plot points on “The L Word” to someone passing through your living room, you have taken a deep breath and a long sigh and readied yourself for reproval.
- Time Out New York’s “Farewell, L Word” quotes both mememee (Riese!) and Dorothy Snarker.
- Spinoff News: “Alice will be convicted of some sort of crime related to the Season Six death of the much-hated Jenny!”
- TV Guide has Ilene saying strange things about ‘The Farm’ and its relationship to The L Word’s ending.
- Check out Alexi’s Closet with Riese, Tinkerbell and Alexi obvs.
- TCA: The Ladies of The L Word Come Out to Talk Final Season
- AfterEllen’s “Showtime confirms Spin-Off Details” and an interview with L Word Stylist Cynthia Summers.
What do I have for you? I have some golden copies of a teleplay you might be interested in reading, yes? It’s from the pilot for The Farm. Have you seen any of these anywhere yet? I’m not really sure.
This is from (I think) Alice’s first scene once she gets off the bus (it happens before the scene above):
Another random scene with Alice:
this show is going to suck. although the famke janssen aspect is promising. still, though, it’s like bad girls. siiigh.
odd thing to bond over, mung bean cake…
like what is mung bean cake? it sounds like it involves dung, which is troubling.
I feel we are at a sad point where I too wouldn’t mind famke janssen and see it as a bonus for the show. You know, anybody. We’ll just watch anyone purty be all gay on the teevee, for reals.
I thought I was the only one with Famke Janssen fever.
Also, Ilene Chaiken saying this (in the Miami Herald link you gave) makes my head explode with anger:
“But I understood pretty quickly that the show wouldn’t be successful if it wasn’t eliciting passionate and outraged responses. It’s an ensemble drama, and I do embrace the genre. It’s about making people angry sometimes.”
Outraged responses about Dana’s death for example — success!
I will watch anything with Leisha in it… but The Farm does sound like U.S. Bad Girls (Light)… I will also watch pretty much anything with Famke Janssen… In fact, I think I’m going to watch her be gay in Eulogy right now…
i’m hoping that we get rick rolled at some point either in the L word or durring the new shit show the farm…
All the ‘yay, Jenny’s dead!’ is getting so freaking tiresome. She’s not a bad character – certainly not Darth fucking Vader! Jenny’s just horribly misunderstood and IC is using that to get people behind this ridiculous ‘ooh, murder!’ crap.
As for ‘teleplay you might be interested in reading’? Umm, no. Not in the least. Even after I read it. If it doesn’t have Shane in it, I’m not interested.
“… and I bake it in the sun.” ..?????
IN THE SUN ! ….i have no idea.