… and also, someone [accidentally?] saved this post as “daily link fox.” That’s kind of weirdly awesome.
1. Oh, America, you never cease to amaze me: Army fired 11 Soldiers in Jan as Openly Gay (@yahoo news)
2. Really? This season? Specifically? ‘Tis the Season to be Gay on American Idol (@the advocate) and on an ENTIRELY unrelated note, K-Clarkson does another round of the PR denial game (@showbizspy).
3. This confuses me on many levels: Lesbian Sues to Wear Tux to Prom (@theadvocate)
4. 100 Gayest Albums Ever – OUT magazine polled more than 100 actors, comedians, musicians, writers, critics, performance artists, label reps, and DJs – including Boy George, Rufus Wainwright, Cyndi Lauper, Amy Ray, Candis Cayne, Perez Hilton, John Cameron Mitchell, Junior Vasquez and the Clicks asking for the ten albums that left the most indelible impressions on ther lives. The results (@out).
5. Riese asked twitter to make her famous so she could be on twitterwatch and then twitter made Riese famous and now she is famous on twitterwatch with ellen (@afterellen)
This site is a little crass. Part of their bio suggests “Where’s the perversion in loving another one of God’s creatures? Where’s the deviance in wanting to pull feathers rather than blond hair? What’s abnormal about wanting to see your wife take a three-inch beak instead of a 10-inch African American phallus or a silicon, injection-molded forearm?” I love it because it’s shocking and hilarious and it’s badly photoshopped porno with birds. Weird.
New Bat for Lashes video: Daniel [@myspace]
Anybody who remembers 2007’s totally creepy, Donnie Darko-esque video for “What’s A Girl To Do?” will be equally excited about this latest offering from Natasha Khan, alias Bat for Lashes. The band’s MySpace describes their sound as “Halloween when you’re small,” and the song is in fact quite unsettling, especially when presented with awesomely sinister black-clad backup dancers. “Daniel” is def one of the strongest tracks off of the band’s new record, “Two Suns.”
Yokoo Circle Scarf [@Etsy]
I’ve found something for you on Etsy! Is it queer? No, but you are. Will this Etsy-finding nonsense be a weekly occurrence? I don’t know. Why don’t you buy a scarf for me [in baby blue, please] and we’ll see what happens. For even more Yokoo fun, read her Featured Seller article from last September.
loved this article..love queer news!
1. one of the erotic falconry pictures is called “accruing starwood points” which’s hilarious, i hope they’re at the W.
2. I think there is a bird coming in someone’s eye.
3. this is perfect:
Q: Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff.
A: I don’t mean to scare anyone here, but, to be honest, I spent a larger part of my childhood preparing for this question.
4. i got scared during that video that someone was going to kill the pretty girl on the bike like in i know what you did last summer luckily she has a posse.
I love how the daily link fix tends to spawn tab after tab of links that can take me all day to go through.
Re. Kelly Clarkson – I’m not as curious as to if she’s gay as I am to whether or not she’s pregnant. Did anyone catch Idol this week?
I had many more interesting things to say the first time I typed this before Firefox exploded. Congrats on the twitterwatch shout out Riese!
I did not catch Idol this week but I would be very surprised if she was pregnant. Maybe she and her girlfriend are just getting comfortable with the Cheetos and stuff.
omg, stef, bat for lashes, yes!
the team is so foxy and famous :)
love the bat for lashes video! and seriously, A+ for introducing the erotic falconry.
Stef’s my heroine for linking the Bat for Lashes vid. Love them.
Also, erotic falconry bring an entirely new meaning to “sexy beast”.
the Daniel link has been updated to a high-res version! so you can see natasha’s pretty skin much better now.
re: lesbian wants to wear a tux to prom — clothing is not a protected form of expression? then what the hell is??
loved the Daniel video! but i don’t think anything could be as spooky as What’s A Girl To Do. it *still* creeps me out.
i wish we had the option to italicize and bold. then my ‘still’ could gangsta lean to the right.
I want everyone to know the team here at autostraddle.com would never deny a commenter the right to gangsta lean their words. HTML tags are allowed.
“em” for italicized
“strong” for bold
I can’t actually show you what I’m talking about so if you don’t understand please go here
does it make it better or worse that i just found out the daniel she is singing to (and uh, the guy at the end) is actually daniel larusso from the karate kid?
thanks for the links, loving the new site. Bat for lashes = awesome song & vid, however a bit more creeped out by all the bird imagery in it after flicking through erotic falconry