1. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi rehearse for Portia’s March 16th appearance on The Ellen Show, otherwise known as the best No on 8 ad ever: At Home with Ellen & Portia!
2. True Life: I’m a Long Island Gay or Lesbian Senior Citizen: Coming out Later in Life. (@newsday)
3. Eudy Simelane, a South African former female football star and out lesbian, was gang-raped and brutally beaten, then stabbed 25 times in the face, chest and legs. Over 86 percent of South African black lesbians live in fear of sexual assault as subjecting lesbians to “corrective rape” to “cure” them of their sexuality becomes increasingly common practice. (@the telegraph uk)
5. Obama’s support for gay rights puts him at odds with Republican allies needed to push forward economic, health care and other policies: Obama in a Tough Spot Over Health Insurance Benefits for Gay Partners (@nytimes)
6. Pier 45 at New York’s Hudson River has long been a gathering spot for gay and lesbian youths. Activists rally for a 24-hour gay-and-lesbian youth center to be a part of new development plans: At a Pier to Be Redone, Gay Youth Seek a Haven. (@nytimes)
7. Kentucky Kills Anti-Gay Adoption Bill (the advocate)
8. “We are in a new era; a time where change is happening. It’s time for women to make a change. Let’s recreate and revise our generation’s vision of what a lady is.” The Lost Art of Being a Lady (@huffpo)
9. Sarah Haskins in Target Women: Barbie (@current tv)
The Selby features photographs and other art by Todd Selby of interesting people and their awesomely creative homes and places of work. They are currently looking for amazing spaces in London, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Tokyo.
This is by far the coolest font game ever. I scored 139,854 which is, according to the top scores of 10 million, pretty horrible. Let’s start our own: Top Scores of Autostraddle. Hey hey what’dya say?