So maybe this is just a thinly veiled attempt to have you tell me what to be for Halloween. Nonetheless! These costumes are a terrible idea because:
a) they are impossible to execute (that sounds like a challenge, eh?)
b) even a geek will have no fucking clue what you’re going as, particularly if she’s had a few drinks or is riding a sugar high of epic proportion.
1. NASA’s Space Shuttle program (people will be both confused and sad)
2. The chemical structure of dopamine (no norepinephrine or serotonin either, I mean it)
3. Emma Frost, Storm, Mystique, etc. of the X-Men…you’ll just look like any ol’ ice queen/a generic sexy-super-femme last minute store-bought Halloween entity. Jean Grey is an arguable exception, depending on how far you’re willing to go with the being-engulfed-in-flames bit.
5. Pluto in absentia.
6. Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. BECAUSE YOU COULD LOOK LIKE ANYTHING. There’s a character creator, after all.
7. Any prominent figure of the Horde except for Sylvanas Windrunner (World of Warcraft). There’s no way to make an orc costume flattering, and Halloween is about getting your sexy on, if I’m not mistaken. Or maybe it’s about the harvest season or something. While you’re at it, you know I’m not hating, but WoW might be a good catchall avoid-this-at-all-costs category.
8. Marie Curie. She was many things, but ‘identifiably dressed’ and ‘a babe’ ain’t among them.
9. Anything conceptual: Spacetime, any of Newton’s laws of motion, the blood-brain barrier, human evolution. Tempting, I know. Let it go.
10. Any Game of Thrones character. This is gonna go generic-RenFest real fast. And is that what you want? You’ve got all year for that! Goddamn, I want a turkey leg.
11. The ghost of Steve Jobs: Too soon.
12. The amygdala. That shit is almond-shaped. People will think you are dressed as a clitoris, and if that is your intention, you should probably plan in advance.
If you’re already going as an item listed here, fucking own it! Don’t listen to me, I was just kidding! (Pics or it didn’t happen.)