Hello and welcome to this thing we’re doing where we help you figure out what you’re gonna put in your mouth this week. Some of these are recipes we’ve tried, some of these are recipes we’re looking forward to trying, all of them are fucking delicious. Tell us what you want to put in your piehole or suggest your own recipes, and we’ll talk about which things we made, which things we loved, and which things have changed us irreversibly as people. Last week, we ate breakfast in Singapore.
1. No-Cook Tomato Sauce
This asks you to marinate it for four hours, which is just enough time to squeeze in a mini Scandal marathon.
2. Heirloom Tomato and Mango Lassi with Ground Sumac
3. The Only Fried Green Tomato Recipe You’ll Ever Need
4. Cold Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Roasted Vegetables
5. Spanish Style Toast with Tomato
6. Tomato Damn Sandwich
You really don’t need an actual recipe for this masterpiece! Thick tomato slices, mayonaise, salt and pepper, white bread. BAM TOMATO DAMN SANDWICH. Tomato sandwiches are the best part of being a human. Better than the sex part even.
7. Tomato and Cream Cheese Turnovers
8. Vegan Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
Oh my god.
9. Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
10. Provencal Tomatoes
11. Pimento Cheese BLT
Oh my god again.
12. Shakshuka with Grains and Feta
13. Flounder Poached in a Fennel Tomato Sauce
14. Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Drizzle
15. Farmers Market Cornbread with Sweet Corn, Cherry Tomatoes and Sheep’s Cheese
16. Bourbon Caramelized Bacon and Heirloom Tomato BLT with Fried Eggs and Smoked Gouda
Jesus f*cking christ are you kidding me holy shit.
17. Tomato Chicken Noodle Soup
18.Roasted Tomato Caprese Grilled Cheese
19. Heirloom Tomato Saucy Toasts
20. Balsamic Fig Glazed Pork with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Gorgonzola Polenta
21. Roasted Tomato Soup
22. Bacon Goat Cheese Tomato Pizza
23. Ginger Tomato Ice Cream
24. Avocado and Heirloom Tomato Toast
25. Cedar Planked Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes
26. Tomato Basil Chicken Stew
27. Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado
28. Heirloom Tomato Jam
29. Roasted Tomato Basil Pizza
30. Tomato Bisque with Cheese Croutons
31. Quinoa with Sweet Tomatoes and Green Beans
32. Easy Gazpacho
One time I was in love with a girl and she introduced me to gazpacho and now the two are forever coupled in my brain — this girl and this soup. THANKS A LOT, BRAIN.
I’ve made that Shakshuka recipe from Food 52 many times and it WINS. It’s so simple and amazingly delicious. It’s especially good when scooped up with some homemade grilled flat bread. HEAVEN. The fig glazed pork recipe sounds out of this world! Totally saving this recipe.
Ever since I was 2 (when I called them momonos), my favorite way to eat tomatoes has always been the last suggestion, just plain. Especially fresh picked and still warm from the sun. Tomatoes are my favorite.
Yum!!!! #33 was interesting because I’ve always eaten plain tomatoes topped with black pepper, instead of salt. But I eat cucumbers with salt…hmm. Gonna try the tomato/salt thing now, thanks!
Also! If you’re on a budget, adding some chopped tomatoes is a good way to make your canned tuna fish seem a little bit fancier.
I am so glad that I turned out to not be allergic to tomatoes after all
Aw man, that would have been the worst
TOMATO DAMN SANDWICH
I am haVING A RELIGIOUS TOMATO EXPERIENCE rIgHt NoWWW
Oh, wow! It needs to stop getting so effing cold at night. I have all these nice red tomatoes on my vines, but they’re all hard as rocks and flavorless because it’s not warm enough!
FRY THEM BABE
my dealer gave me tomatoes the last time i bought from him and i ate like 3 of them over the sink like an apple because tomatoes are so fucking good.
I clicked on this just because of the title.
sad because nightshade sensitivity.
wait, that line was (in part) because of you?
doooo do do doooooo!!!!
LOL no, my nightshade thing is really really really on and off. Like at the time of camp, I was really ok with the food served but then like for example last weekend I just went and got like some extra ketchup for fries and it was so unbearable come bedtime. Like I had to lie on the floor because my whole back side felt like it was on fire.
Since I currently have no cooker and am using a one-ring camping thing to make my dinner I am immensely grateful for this no-cook pasta sauce. Thanks Laneia!!
Standing in your garden eating them as fast as you can pick them and not giving a single f*ck about the juice running down your arm and dripping from your chin.