Last year we all shared our very own coming out stories with you on our National Coming Out Day Open Thread. You then shared your coming out stories with us. The following sentences were extracted from those stories:
1. "I came out to my mom on I-95 on the way to see Dave Matthews Band."
2. "She started crying and said "but Anne Heche changed her mind. It’s probably just a phase."
3. "They asked if I'd ever had sex with a goat."
4. "One night we were sitting doing a puzzle and I had got so annoyed with it that night that I looked at my mom and was like 'i'm gay' just to get out of doing any more on the damn puzzle."
5. "I told my dad after sitting around in his workshop/the garage for an hour and procrastinating and talking about his childhood and Ukrainian polka music."
6. "I was really high on painkillers and I thought I was going to die."
7. "I figured I would just blurt it out over our game of Scrabble."
8. "Everyone applauded, and we sat down and watched But I’m a Cheerleader."
9. "I didn’t care really because I’m out and everybody has dreamed about Shane at least once I’m sure."
10. "I was convinced I was going to die and I didn’t want to die a Mormon."
11. "Then my cousin ran in the room shouting "Mom! Mom! You have to take me to the hospital right now! I’ve been farting rainbows, I think I caught the gay!”"
12. "We went to Smith, so I knew it wasn’t going to be a big deal."
13. "My poor girlfriend ran out of the house and fell on her face and broke her toe."
14. "France turned me gay."
15. "My sister said that she had guessed, because I liked “those twin singers” so much."
16. "I'm bi. Yeah. See you on Monday."
17. "All the girls at my campus wear shorts up their ass, and it is terribly distracting."
18. "Waiting for their emails back was way worse than when I waited for the 3rd Harry Potter book to come out."
19. "As it was, all she did was conduct an on telephone exorcism to get rid of the Demon of Homosexuality."
20. "I’m gay, dipshit."