All of the editors, most of the writers, and some of the interns may be at Camp, but that doesn't mean that humans out there in this giant world of ours have stopped having problems and feelings and emotions in need of the processing. That's where you come in. Since we are all on a mountain top and away from electronic communicative devices perhaps you, dear reader, can help these bipeds with their various situations. It's a Formspring Friday!
20 Formspring Questions For You To Answer While We Roast Marshmallows
1. Is it wrong to be dating a girl to whom I'm not physically attracted? She asked me out and I decided to give her a chance. Mentally, we're very compatible. It just feels nice having someone pay me attention.
2. The girl I was casually seeing and having a good time with just told me she likes me too much to keep doing a causal thing but also cannot be in a relationship. What the hell do I say to that?
3. How do you deal with unwanted attention from strangers? I just want to hold her hand without being glared/yelled/catcalled at.
4. This fall, I will be a student for the first time in 10 years. I have tried to avoid going back to school, but it is necessary for my current life goal. How do I make higher education a bearable experience? What are the tricks to being happy in academia?
5. My girlfriend dumped me for another girl and I'm an emotional wreck. I want to tell my family (that lives across the country) for support but I haven't come out to them. I'm afraid I will be rejected but I feel so alone right now. What should I do?
6. I have a giant crush on my friend who might not be straight, would it be better to talk to her about it or could I make a grand gesture and kiss her? I don't want to lose her as a friend...
7. I work as a lawyer in a firm where everyone is straight. I don't want to be out and face discrimination or comments but I am really tired of the lies about being single or having a boyfriend. I really don't know how to handle these feelings.
8. Is it actually possible to slow down the u-haul tendency? Do relationships that are u-haul-y ever work? I just want to see her every day and put my mouth on hers every day and we've just met like a week ago. How can I rein myself in?
9. Any advice to getting over my anxiety and responding to okcupid messages?
10. I've never been good at getting over crushes, even though i know that it will probably never lead anywhere and she's expressed interest in other people. advice?
11. I've been thinking about breaking up w/ her nearly every day for 6 months. But I still love her, so I keep making everything better, because that's what makes sense to me. She has no idea what I'm thinking and the farther it goes, the more happy "we" are.
12. In an LDR how can I tell if this feeling is I miss her or i'm dreading that the relationship needs to end? Starting college, I don't want to sacrifice the 'college experience' for the 5 hour trip to hers every weekend. wrt break ups,in person or by phone?
13. I'm not a-sexual, after three years of celibacy/debate I got just drunk enough to approach another person for physical contact and it rocked, but how can I do this in a healthy I know your last name and will speak to you again kind of way?
14. Squirt is such a terrible word. Squirt is like moist. It's just the worst. We need a better word. Thoughts?
15. Are there any common stores that sell dental dams?
16. I have short nails. My short nails are always like tiny little claws. HOW DO I CHANGE THIS?
17. I have this wonderful friend. She is the best ever. She smells awful and she is aware and it is part of being punk or maybe one of the other strange things she is always on about and I want to be a nice person, but also feel violated sometimes. Help me?
18.I've never gotten along well with people my own age, but I get along well with adults. I've never been able to form a relationship with someone my age, and people tell me to wait for them to mature, but in college now it isn't any better. Help?
19. So, your opinion..under what conditions would it be okay to beg for an ex back?
20. I'm starting to doubt if I'll ever learn the difference between co-dependence and love. Can one experience both feelings concurrently?
To send your question via Formspring, choose an editor:
More writers' Formsprings can be found on Autostraddle's tumblr presence. Please keep your questions to around, at most, 100 words. Due to the high volume of questions and feelings, not every question or feeling will be answered or published on Autostraddle. We hope you know that we love you regardless.