What's your number one feeling today? Mine is "I can't believe it's been a whole year."
1. Um. STOP THE PRESSES! How did we not know about this? This is like the night I discovered Sugar Rush: The Lesbian Storyline on youtube. Here's what happened: Carlytron's column linked to Dorothy's Fringe recap and Dorothy linked to this youtube channel for this show called "Mistresses"? The music was so good I thought it was a fanvid! And that's not even mentioning ... OMG.
See we talk a lot about how The L Word is the only lesbian show ever, but if we could just splice together all these other shows, we'd feel less alienated. And slightly desperate. Never mind.
2. Kelly McGillis comes out/confirms rumors -- indeed she is a muffdiver/lesbian. (@dailymail)
3. Lady GaGa is ordered to take time off after almost collapsing on stage. (@ohnotheydidnt)
4. Paterson says guilt drives the opponents of gay marriage. (@daily news).
5. Scarlett Johansson tops poll to find Hollywood's best breasts. (@the sun uk)
6. EurOut takes a closer look at a survey making headlines in the Netherlands: Does Dutch study REALLY show queer women are more unhealthy and unhappy than straight women? [I dunno, any lady who can still be happy despite the crushing hand of the patriarchy, the lack of equal rights, the voicelessness, the media invisibility, the routine condemnations to hell and rejection from friends & family is pretty much a warrior. That's why these studies make me scream.]
7. Haviland said this is one of the best ones. I have to say I agree like times a squillion:
8. And now ...
YOUR DAILY installment of "How You Like Us Now?" (Also can be played as a daily drinking game! Crack our scientific point assignment rules and win a prize in like five months!)
Queerty's round-up of the data on where America stands on gay issues - 0 (neutral) ('cause we can't really figure it out?)
NOM NOM NOM NOM, nom nom nom nom NOM -- this time they use news footage and paper. I mean we can't parody letterhead or a CNN clip. BASTARDS. -5
Today's Total: 23 - Not Too Shabby (also, Michael Jordan's number = good luck)
from Stef: Oh hey, do you like unstoppably hot Swedish people? I know I do! Hey look, I have something special for you - a brand new song from the Sounds called "Dorchester Hotel!" Also if you're in the NYC area you should go to their "secret" show at Santos Party House tonight (4/30).
from Alex: If Star Wars was filmed two decades earlier and Saul Bass (one of my very favorite graphic designers of all time) did the opening title sequence, it might look like this: