Hello! If you sent me intern stuff, we’ll be getting back to you later this week. Speaking of Today in Autostraddle, it’s almost springtime here in the U.S.A., which means Riese will sweat a lot and girls will wear shorts. Check out our celebratory Girl-on-Girl Gallery of Hot Girls in Short Shorts!
Carly’s “Tuesday” Televisionary column — working title “A Day Late and a Dollar Short” — will drop today tonight sooon! … and if you haven’t already: Crystal’s Home & Away Recap, Green’s Carissa Halston interview.
1. Bright Lights, Inked City: Inked Magazine interviews celebrities about their tattoos, including L Word actresses Kristanna Loken and Kate French as well as a smokin’ hot girl I’ve never seen before in my life but hope to see again. Her name is Eve Mauro and she has lips like Jolie-as-Gia.
Kristanna Loken: “I really enjoyed being a part of that show because it showed same-sex relationships in a semi-normal atmosphere. Being open about who you are and who you choose to love is vital for our generation. My sister is a lesbian and she’s always taught me that you can love whomever you choose. When you’re bisexual, you’re not one or the other, so you kind of get discredited by both [straight and gay communities] but I’ve gotten letters from girls who’ve said, “Thanks so much for telling me how you feel. Now I feel normal.” And that’s great.”
2. Now! YOUR DAILY “How Much do they Love Us/Hate Us Now” Rundown:
The Advocate reports on Maine‘s progress towards legalizing gay marriage. The Bilerco Project looks at a CBS poll that indicates gay marriage support has increased 9% in one week [Miss California can probs suck it now. With Amanda Lepore!] Also Pam’s House Blend reports that the haters keep trying to squash the hate-crimes bill and The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network calls Obama out for his lack of progress on repealing the ban on gays serving openly in the military.
4. The Smoking Cocktail recaps An Evening with Women with Cybil Shepard, Clementine Ford, Linda Perry, Kate Moennig and many more.
5. Also on the topic of An Evening with Women, here’s a video from the event of a woman from E! News asking a bunch of other ladies who they girl-crush on. The hostess is the one made out of plastic who laughs like a dentist and is very pretty/robot but also E! is sometimes weird to me.
6. Lindsay and Sam: GAME ON! (@girlfriendisahomo)
6a. Grace the Spot says Lindsay Lohan is a lesbian prodigy.
7. Seven-year-old Jazz shares her thoughts on being a transgender child. Already she is 4,000 times more sophisticated than your average seven-year-old. [Had a camera asked 7-year-old Riese to talk about gender, I would’ve said “Even though I’m a girl, everyone thinks I am a boy, I’ll punch you in the face!”] (@sugar and medicine)
8. The trailer for And Then Came Lola – the ad for this lesbian romp flick was infamously banned-from-facebook. Must be part of the redesign. Anyhow, ta-da!:
from Crystal: Last week in our music feature I mentioned that I was waiting in anticipation for Bertie Blackman, one of my favourite Australian artists, to release her upcoming album. Well she hasn’t just yet, but she has uploaded new tracks and video clips on her myspace page and they’re well worth checking out. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
from Riese: I have so many feelings and picks this week! Via Sugarbutch, I discovered the CrimethInc. Ex-Worker’s Collective, a “dedicated anarchist collective composed of many cells which act independently in pursuit of a freer and more joyous world.” Read this right now please! I want all their tools. Especially the posters. Like this one from the Gender Subversion Kit (click thumbnail to read properly):