Valentine’s Day is so soon and just in case you forgot to have the “Valentine’s Day is a corporate holiday so we will be having activist sex instead of exchanging gifts” conversation with your activity partners, friends or anyone else, here are some ideas.
2. Minna Limon ($119) – This crowd-funded vibrator,buzzes harder when you squeeze it harder, has only one button (to turn it down, off, or on, or record) and can record patterns you set.
3. We-Vibe 4 ($159) – The We-Vibe is a hands-free vibrator meant to be worn during penetrative sex. The latest version is more intense, smaller and comes with a remote control that allows six vibration modes and ten levels of intensity. (For a cheaper option, the We-Vibe 3 is still available.)
4. Bootie ($34) – Fun Factory’s cute silicone butt plug is perfect for anal beginners or experts. It’s just a little flexible, has a velvety texture and comes in black or purple.
5. Mustang ($116) – The Mustang is a mid-size VixSkin dildo that’s perfect for pack-and-play or just play (read our review). VixSkin is soft and slightly sticky, and VixSkin dildos have enough of a core that they stays in place during all but the most enthusiastic sex. For something slightly bigger, check out the Maverick, and for significantly bigger, check out the Outlaw. The Mustang comes in chocolate, vanilla or caramel.
6. SpareParts’ Tomboi Harness ($75) – The Tomboi is part of the “basically underwear” harness category and is made of quick-drying nylon and spandex.
7. SpareParts’ Sasha Harness ($152) – A femmier version of the “basically underwear” harness category with ribbons that adjust the cut from boyshorts to high-cut panties.
8. Bondage Tape ($9) – PVC bondage tape comes in black, red or pink and is the perfect way to tie someone up quickly and easily and without owning a set of more expensive restraints. Bondage tape sticks only to itself, is reusable if you’re careful and disposable if you aren’t, and looks totally innocuous (read our review).
9. Crocodile Clamps ($20) – These nipple clamps are rubber tipped for comfort and have adjustable pressure to suit a wide range of experience levels, body parts and pain tolerances.
10. Bondage Belt ($55) – Aslan’s leather bondage belt is a good way to walk around wearing the wrist restraints you plan to use later.
1. Best Lesbian Erotica 2014, edited by Kathleen Warnock ($13) – The latest edition of Cleis Press’s annual lesbian erotica anthology includes an introduction by Sarah Schulman and stories by D.L. King, Sinclair Sexsmith, Cheyenne Blue, Xan West and more.
3. Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica, edited by Tristan Taormino ($13) – Stories by contributors such as Kate Bornstein, Patrick Califia, S. Bear Bergman, Ivan E. Coyote and Julia Serano feature multiple gender presentations, sexualities and orgasms.
4. Smut Peddler, edited by Various Hands ($22) – Basically a comic book anthology of porn, lots of it queer, featuring Erika Moen, Jess Fink, Carla Speed McNeil, EK Weaver and others.
5. Wild Girls, Wild Nights: True Lesbian Sex Stories, edited by Sacchi Green ($13) – A collection of memoir erotica with stories that include fox-hunt-themed orgies, first spankings, experimentation, swimming pool sex and more.
6. Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica, edited by Sinclair Sexsmith ($12) – With contributors including Rachel Kramer Bussel, Sossity Chiricuzio, Kiki Delovely, Dusty Horn, Sassafras Lowrey, Miriam Zoila Pérez and Xan West, Say Please explores gender and power dynamics and sexuality (read our interview).
7. The Feminist Porn Book, edited by Tristan Taormino ($18) – Writers and porn stars like Susie Bright, Candida Royalle, Betty Dodson, Nina Hartley, Dylan Ryan, Jiz Lee, April Flores and more challenge the idea of porn as a monolithic entity as part of a larger discussion on porn, feminism and sexuality.
8. Are the Lips a Grave?: A Queer Feminist on the Ethics of Sex, by Lynne Huffer ($27) – In this academic discussion of current ideas about queerness and feminism related to sex, Huffer rethinks contemporary ethics and sexual morality. For smartypantses.
1. “Straddle This” boxer briefs ($16) – Hot.
2. Robot Cufflinks ($23) – Retro-looking robots for dapper-looking humans.
3. Tulip Lite Yellow Umbrella ($20) – Stay dry and pretend it’s a sunny day out.
4. Liberator’s Fastinator Throe ($59–$99) – This throw has a soft surface and a water-resistant middle to keep lube, bodily fluids and general mess from soaking through. It’s reversible, machine washable, and comes in black, red, grey, eggplant and several other colors.
5. Lesbian Curves ($28) – A full-length feature from Trouble Films starring Courtney Trouble, Kitty Stryker, Kelly Shibari, Betty Blac, Sophia St James, Sandy Bottoms, Peppermint Fatty and Eden Alexander.
6. Te Amo pillowcase set (30$) – Declare your love or your love for Rihanna with pillows with words on them.
7. CrashPad Vol. 1 ($20) – Own five episodes of season 1 of the Feminist Porn Award-winning lesbian/queer porn series on DVD.
8. You Do You flask ($16) – For on-the-go drinking and Autostraddle flagging with equal ease.
9. Boudoir Box ($28) – This 12″x5″x3″ fabric box lets you store some of your sex toys and comes with a lock.
10. Beyoncé ($16) – Self-explanatory.
11. Good Vibes’s Rub Me massage bar ($6) – Comes in flavours like French vanilla, pomegranate mint, amber rose and more.
12. Classic Soft Covered Notebook ($13) – This soft-covered take on Moleskin’s classic notebook will let you write down your feelings.
For more help with sexy holiday shopping:
- Babeland’s Sexy Gifts and Sex Kits
- Good Vibes’s Sexy Queer Gift Guide
- Autostraddle’s Guide To Choosing The Perfect Vibrator
- Autostraddle’s Strap-On Guide and Guide to Harnesses for Trans Women
- Autostraddle’s bondage toy guide
- Autostraddle’s Boyshorts 101 and Boyshorts and Girltrunks 102, Cologne and Perfume 101, Bra Shopping Guide, and 25 sweaters with cats on them.
feature image via maximumwallhd